Galaxy s10e screen unresponsive when lying flat

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have noticed that when my s10e is sitting on a flat surface, the screen is at times unresponsive to touch (double tap to wake, swiping through app drawer, dragging down notification bar, using gestures instead of navigation buttons).

I have a tempered glass screen protector, but the screen works flawlessly when the phone is in my hand or in any other scenario than when it is lying flat on a table or bed for example.

I have tried tilting it up slightly after it not working on a table and it works then I set it back down and it either works or doesn't.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a way to fix it (in the settings for example??). I have already tried deleting the cache / junk and restarting the device. I do not want to factory reset.

Thanks.

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried increasing touch sensitivity (Settings > Display > Touch Sensitivity)? Supposedly this helps when you have a screen protector. I didn't need to turn mine on, but might be worth a try.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes absolutely happens on mine!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr It works fine when it's in my hand, not so good laying flat on the desk or table. I Googled it and it's not specific to the S10e, has something to do with the capacative screen not being grounded or something. Pretty stupid IMO, I used to use my old S7 as a calculator at times and it worked fine on my desk. Maybe this can get moved to a better forum than this sub-section?

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed that when my s10e is sitting on a flat surface, the screen is at times unresponsive to touch (double tap to wake, swiping through app drawer, dragging down notification bar, using gestures instead of navigation buttons).

I have a tempered glass screen protector, but the screen works flawlessly when the phone is in my hand or in any other scenario than when it is lying flat on a table or bed for example.

I have tried tilting it up slightly after it not working on a table and it works then I set it back down and it either works or doesn't.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a way to fix it (in the settings for example??). I have already tried deleting the cache / junk and restarting the device. I do not want to factory reset.

Thanks.

I have the exact same problem. If its my hand, it responds to my touch. Lying flat on a table or desk, no. On some keys if I really press hard it will respond, others, no matter how hard you touch a key when its flat, nothing. I have a glass screen protector too. Anyone have an answer? This phone is only 2 weeks old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

Thanks.

Frifred had the answer! Settings>Display>touch sensitivity. Enable. Thanks Frifred!

Thank you! This worked!!!

AndreFel

Nov 6, 2020
Visit site
I have the same problem: just bought yesterday a Samsumg Galaxy sa21, and parts of the screen dont work when the phone is layed down on a flat surface.

I dont have this option however: Settings>Display>touch sensitivity. Can't find it anywhere : (

Anyone can help?

Hassaan Faisal

Dec 12, 2021
Visit site
I have the same problem: just bought yesterday a Samsumg Galaxy sa21, and parts of the screen dont work when the phone is layed down on a flat surface.

I dont have this option however: Settings>Display>touch sensitivity. Can't find it anywhere : (

Anyone can help?

I have the same problem in samsung a12 what can i do

Nataniel Anton

Dec 27, 2021
Visit site
Didn't notice any difference in safe mode.
With touch screen test I found out that with original sensitivity display didn't work on any flat surfaces. With maxed sensitivity (after restart) it works on hard flat, soft flat still not. (Soft flat is bed for example)
I think higher sensitivity is good fix but not enough for me because I have probably too thick protector glass. Is there any (easy) way to go beyond max sensitivity?

Thanks for your patience with me :D

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Didn't notice any difference in safe mode.
With touch screen test I found out that with original sensitivity display didn't work on any flat surfaces. With maxed sensitivity (after restart) it works on hard flat, soft flat still not. (Soft flat is bed for example)
I think higher sensitivity is good fix but not enough for me because I have probably too thick protector glass. Is there any (easy) way to go beyond max sensitivity?

Thanks for your patience with me :D
The only thing I can think of is try another glass screen protector

D Ro

Apr 18, 2022
Visit site
Touch feedback in settings, turn on the vibrate or sound and you'll be able to use without holding, only downside is whichever setting you enable will happen when you hold phone which is annoying to switch all the time but it works, cheers.