Galaxy S3 Mini: USB Debugging problem

loanaduque

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello! Pls help!

I'm about to root my phone and I have to enable USB Debugging

When I check in the Developer Options, there is an option for USB Debugging, but it seems to be greyed out (nothing happens when I try to tick the check box).
I already activated at the top right of the screen the on-off slider and the USB Debugging option remains greyed out.

Tks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jojo abella

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Is your S3 already connected to your laptop/pc via the usb cable when you noticed that the usb debugging box is greyed out?

If so, just unplug first your phone from your laptop, and you should be able to tick the box already for the usb debugging mode option, just plug it back again to your laptop once your done ticking it.

RuariB

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same problem, usb debugging is greyed out and cannot be changed at all with phone connected to PC or not????

steveww48

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello! Pls help!

I'm about to root my phone and I have to enable USB Debugging

When I check in the Developer Options, there is an option for USB Debugging, but it seems to be greyed out (nothing happens when I try to tick the check box).
I already activated at the top right of the screen the on-off slider and the USB Debugging option remains greyed out.

Tks!

Were you able to get this resolved and get your phone rooted? If so, which rooting method did you use? Which version of Android are you running?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thicha Jairat