Galaxy S3 Sprint - music and video storage / access - Kies

GatorJAB

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I'm new to the Android platform ( longtime iPhone ) and while i've got Nova running and have added multiple screens / widgets / shortcuts etc one of the things just absolutely driving me crazy at the moment is dealing with my music and movies. I've got Kies setup and have used Kies Air. I think Kies-Air has more functionality but i can't get past the Java issue for multiple uploads. ( I'm on a MBP running 10.7.5 and latest Java. while i've done the research and understand it's a 64 bit issue i've had 0 luck getting a 32bit version to work )

I do have 64gb of external memory in my phone as well.

One thing Apple does well is simplify the management of stuff between platforms with iTunes.

Ok sorry for getting sidetracked. So using Kies I was able to load music and a couple of videos. the music i got to easy enough through the player but i can't figure out how to play my videos. I can't find an app and then i decided to go through the MyFiles folder and the videos were not in the video folder they were in some odd folder that i never would have thought of. Once i found them i clicked on one thinking the default program would open and i could figure it out that way but when i clicked on it I got the message that the file couldn't be played. All of the videos are mp4.

I even went to the point of loading my external memory in a usb stick and directly copied my music and video to it to save time etc. Music again no issue. Video was a no go.

If anyone can help me with a "good way" to organize my music and videos including a seperate app or something I would REALLY appreciate it.

And if anyone knows the fix for Java on Kies-Air.

Thanks in advance!!!

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi all. I'm new to the Android platform ( longtime iPhone ) and while i've got Nova running and have added multiple screens / widgets / shortcuts etc one of the things just absolutely driving me crazy at the moment is dealing with my music and movies. I've got Kies setup and have used Kies Air. I think Kies-Air has more functionality but i can't get past the Java issue for multiple uploads. ( I'm on a MBP running 10.7.5 and latest Java. while i've done the research and understand it's a 64 bit issue i've had 0 luck getting a 32bit version to work )

I do have 64gb of external memory in my phone as well.

One thing Apple does well is simplify the management of stuff between platforms with iTunes.

Ok sorry for getting sidetracked. So using Kies I was able to load music and a couple of videos. the music i got to easy enough through the player but i can't figure out how to play my videos. I can't find an app and then i decided to go through the MyFiles folder and the videos were not in the video folder they were in some odd folder that i never would have thought of. Once i found them i clicked on one thinking the default program would open and i could figure it out that way but when i clicked on it I got the message that the file couldn't be played. All of the videos are mp4.

I even went to the point of loading my external memory in a usb stick and directly copied my music and video to it to save time etc. Music again no issue. Video was a no go.

If anyone can help me with a "good way" to organize my music and videos including a seperate app or something I would REALLY appreciate it.

And if anyone knows the fix for Java on Kies-Air.

Thanks in advance!!!

Welcome to the great world of Android. I have never used Kies nor do I have Apple experience but maybe I can help a bit. I copy my media files using the USB cable and Windows Explorer. (Not sure this will work in the Apple world) You can copy them to any folder you designate on your external storage. (i.e. just create folders called Music and another called Videos on your external storage) The stock music player and video player (or any players that you load from the Playstore) will find the files on your phone automatically. It sounds like the MP4 video files you copied are either corrupt or in a format that your device does not recognize. Might have happened during the downloading process. My MP4 video files play just fine on the GS3.

You can organize your storage (both external and internal) with any file manager. I use ROM Toolbox. If you have any files in strange-named folders, you can just move them into folders more easily recognized. I suggest of course that you use your external storage for all your media files since you have plenty of available space and less than 12Gb left on internal after system files. Also any programs that you load from the play store will load to internal storage. Hope this helps some. Good luck.

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up, even the govt has warned people to disable any traces of Java... Huge security flaw they can't and haven't been able to fix for months

GatorJAB

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I'll reconnect and play with the video. Appreciate the response...

- - - Updated - - -

Thx. Worked for Sun for 8+ years. Can't believe it took some group so long to hack the java platform.

GatorJAB

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Update... Took out my memory card and connected directly to laptop. Moved over a couple of MP4 movies. Verified they are there. Plugged memory card back into GS3. I can navigate to the card and see the files but they show as 0:00 minutes and 0 mb/gb and won't play.

Any ideas? Thanks all.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers