Galaxy S4: Is it safe to charge using a different charger?

veeliverson

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is it safe to charge using a different charger?

Actually he is very correct, being that I own a Galaxy S4 when you use a different charger other than the original 2A charger the phone either A. Charges so slow that if you use the device while charging it dies or B. Charges to 100 then the battery quickly dissipates. The devices you create may not but this phone does it requires the original charger.

Last edited:

Rathcohen

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
So my original charger from my samsung galaxy s4 is loose and it really is frustrating to adjust it from time to time so i can just charge it, i will have to return it to the shop this week or the next for a replacement one. I'm now using a HTC charger and i'm wondering if its okay to charge it? Will it not mess my battery up or shorten its life?

Posted via my phone :">

The g4 has a 3000mAh battery. My portable chargers only go up to 2000mAh. My phone doesn't charge with them. (Ironically I bought the first one to charge my phone when I'm not home) My phone is the only one in the house that won't charge with them.

Syed Ebad

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: Is it safe to charge using a different charger?

Kindly send me some pics of the charger which is suitable for American s4 Verizon. Thank you

SomeRandomHere

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
It is not a good idea unless the charger has the same specs as the original charger. I used a different charger on a phone I had and it ended up cooking the inside of the phone. Doing it as a once off time or just a few times won't hurt it, but continuously doing it like I did, about 4 months later the phone started to not work properly. Had to keep restarting it. I replaced the battery but it did not fix it. So it doesn't overheat the battery. It cooks the phone and then you are left with having to throw it and buy a new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci