Galaxy s4 not recognized through usb (mac)

geoffropuff

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
i was hoping someone has found a solution to this issue. when i plug my phone into my mac at work, the computer doesn't recognize the phone and the phone doesn't recognize that it's been plugged into a computer. it starts charging but no alert about being plugged in by usb, and i can't gain access to options like choosing ptp or mtp. on the mac, android file transfer just says "no device found" as if nothing were plugged in. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: galaxy s4 not recognized through usb (mac)

i was hoping someone has found a solution to this issue. when i plug my phone into my mac at work, the computer doesn't recognize the phone and the phone doesn't recognize that it's been plugged into a computer. it starts charging but no alert about being plugged in by usb, and i can't gain access to options like choosing ptp or mtp. on the mac, android file transfer just says "no device found" as if nothing were plugged in. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Take a look at this: Android.com

If work allows you to install that application onto the Machine you should be able to access the device.

geoffropuff

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

thanks, but maybe you didn't see in my block of text that i am using android file transfer. when i plug my phone in, it acts as if there's nothing plugged in, as the message "no device found" is shown whether or not my phone is connected. any more advice considering that i am using the software? it worked fine before with my old galaxy nexus.

Amy Felix-Reese

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Where did you get the new cable? Did you have to go back to the ATT store? I've been all over several forums to no luck.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Where did you get the new cable? Did you have to go back to the ATT store? I've been all over several forums to no luck.

If you have an extra cable around try that. Otherwise, any retailer an help you with that. :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

Denis Kutlubaev

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

Seems like this algorithm helped me:
1. Install latest version of Kies
2. Restart iMac
3. Try to unplug cable both from iMac and from your Galaxy S IV
4. Try to restart Eclipse (if you use your device for coding in Eclipse for Mac, as I do)

The problem was not in the cable in my case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma