Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5s: Help me decide!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Help me decide! GS4 or 5S?

The S5 is just slightly faster. It has a 64-bit but there really isn't a need for one now because there isn't anything designed for a 64-bit processor right now. I also came from an iPhone. There's a variety of cases to choose from. The GS4 multi-tasks like a boss. Yes you can have 2 apps open at the same time on the screen. For your music get an SD card and put it into your computer put your music on in then put it into the phone. If you have an upgrade in January the S5 is supposed to come out at the beginning of 2014. Will probably be worth checking out.

It's closer to mid-2014. Around late April/Early May. Like the S4' so she'd have to wait a few months

Posted via Android Central App

rawrblaah

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Then couldn't she use her phone as an iPod. Doesn't need to go out and buy an iPod Touch unless she really wanted one

I was planning on possibly turning my phone in for credit towards the new phone I chose. However, I'm leaning more and more towards the S4. Since it is only $99 through most VW authorized retailers I wouldn't have to pay a dime. However, I guess I could just keep it to use it as an iPod.

- - - Updated - - -

Galaxy S4 is better all around in my eyes. Switched from iphone and extremely happy with the decision.

Have you noticed any lags or slowness to it?

rawrblaah

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

It's closer to mid-2014. Around late April/Early May. Like the S4' so she'd have to wait a few months

I considered waiting. However, it does seem like a long time away. I'm an anxious one. :p

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I considered waiting. However, it does seem like a long time away. I'm an anxious one. :p

It is quite a long time but just imagine waiting even longer for the NEXT upgrade with a phone that is one model older than you could have gotten by waiting. The S4 is still a great phone, and if you run a custom ROM on it, preferably AOSP, it can be a lot better

rawrblaah

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

It is quite a long time but just imagine waiting even longer for the NEXT upgrade with a phone that is one model older than you could have gotten by waiting. The S4 is still a great phone, and if you run a custom ROM on it, preferably AOSP, it can be a lot better

What can you do with custom ROM?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

What can you do with custom ROM?
Depends on which one you run but basically the phone comes with a stock version of TouchWiz (That's the skin you see)
If you don't like how it looks or you want to customize more than what you are able to out of the box a custom ROM allows you to do that.
I personally didn't like TouchWiz so I flashed a stock Android ROM (like what you see on a Nexus phone)

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

I don't like Touchwhiz either. But, you can customize plenty without flashing a ROM. Probably 50% of the posters on this site are using Nova or Apex as launchers and both are much more elegant than Touchwhiz and have more features than IOS.

blademael

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I don't like Touchwhiz either. But, you can customize plenty without flashing a ROM. Probably 50% of the posters on this site are using Nova or Apex as launchers and both are much more elegant than Touchwhiz and have more features than IOS.

+1, I'm using Nova because it's more responsive than touch wiz.

Envoy? de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

The Daily Dot - Samsung's response to a customer whose phone caught fire only made things worse

My friend sent this to me and it's crazy to think that it actually happened. Now I'm worried about buying the GS4 because of this. Anybody have a similar situation like this?

I saw that on Reddit earlier lol
I've seen other stories where they actually get a replacement phone. I doubt your phone will catch on fire :p
Probably one in million will catch fire without it being the user's fault.

rawrblaah

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

So I've been meaning to post what my decision was. So... here it is!

Back in January, I had decided on the Samsung Galaxy S4. I chose the blue color that was available on the Verizon carrier. I was excited to have a bigger screen and a new phone. For the first couple of days, I had fun with the customizations that I was able to do than on the iPhone. I enjoyed being able to use certain apps that I wasn't able to get on the iPhone. However, a few days later, about day 5 or so, I had finally decided that the Samsung Galaxy S4 just wasn't for me...

As much as I enjoyed the big screen and customizations, I just couldn't stand a few things about it...
  1. I felt like the screen was too big for my thumbs! I couldn't text on the phone with just 1 thumb.
  2. I didn't enjoy how I couldn't have my emjois. I love having the ability of using my emojis.
  3. I noticed it to be laggy compared to the iPhone I had prior. To me, that was not acceptable because I have little to no patience with laggy phones...
  4. I felt overwhelmed with all the customizaiton options I had. I guess I just enjoy simple.

In the end, I ended up getting myself the iPhone 5S Silver. Ever since switching back to the iPhone, I have been so happy and content with my final decision.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

So I've been meaning to post what my decision was. So... here it is!

Back in January, I had decided on the Samsung Galaxy S4. I chose the blue color that was available on the Verizon carrier. I was excited to have a bigger screen and a new phone. For the first couple of days, I had fun with the customizations that I was able to do than on the iPhone. I enjoyed being able to use certain apps that I wasn't able to get on the iPhone. However, a few days later, about day 5 or so, I had finally decided that the Samsung Galaxy S4 just wasn't for me...

As much as I enjoyed the big screen and customizations, I just couldn't stand a few things about it...
  1. I felt like the screen was too big for my thumbs! I couldn't text on the phone with just 1 thumb.
  2. I didn't enjoy how I couldn't have my emjois. I love having the ability of using my emojis.
  3. I noticed it to be laggy compared to the iPhone I had prior. To me, that was not acceptable because I have little to no patience with laggy phones...
  4. I felt overwhelmed with all the customizaiton options I had. I guess I just enjoy simple.

In the end, I ended up getting myself the iPhone 5S Silver. Ever since switching back to the iPhone, I have been so happy and content with my final decision.

Welcome to the 5s family. Every phone isn't for everyone. I have both the 5s and Note3 and ENJOY each smartphone for what they can do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz