Galaxy S4 vs Galaxy Note 2 Benchmark off! | By SNNTEC

MallyMall88

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
So before i bid a farewell to my beloved galaxy note 2, i decided to benchmark the two side by side, to give you an idea of the in processing power between the exynos quad core(galaxy note 2) and the new snapdragon 600(Galaxy s4). I've come to the conclusion that if you own a galaxy note 2 and are not bothered the the size of the phone!, the difference in power is not far apart enough to warrant the switch between the the two. The 4 benchmark test show in the video were nenamark 1&2, quadrant advanced, and antutu. If there are other benchmarks you'd like to see on the galaxy s4 leave and like and a request for your specific app

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Just my .02 cents:

Focus on tests that levelset the resolution, gl benchmark has some test that are great for that! You're focused on performance tests that are running at native resolution, and are going to give you similar(ish) performance, but when you factor in the difference in resolution they're running at, it's going to widen that gap considerably. Q instant for example is showing you an almost 50% advantage for the gs4...but the note it's only running the test at 720p, shop the difference is closer to 100% when you factor in the pixels the gs4 is pushing.

Also, I'd be more interested in your view of what you gain and lose by transitioning devices (wacom digitizer vs all the whizbang sensors) and your view of the trade offs both positive and negative!

Good start though!

Jack

Posted via Android Central App

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I too am making this trade and in my opinion my note is smoother again my opinion in my experience.

But the note 2 is very big and I never use the s pen unless m showing off the feature but I prefer the notes version of touch with its darker menus make it less cartoonish and more serious I still am not positive I'm going to keep my s 4

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Anecdotally I knew my Note 2 was doing well vs. my S4 when I used them both. I did not bother to benchmark them since the Note 2 is still a viable device and I will not be getting rid of it. Glad to see the benchmarks show that when translated to everyday use the difference is probably small. Although the screen is sharper on the S4 it thought there would be a bigger difference in the screens than there is from my perspective.

Both are keepers for me!

MallyMall88

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Just my .02 cents:

Focus on tests that levelset the resolution, gl benchmark has some test that are great for that! You're focused on performance tests that are running at native resolution, and are going to give you similar(ish) performance, but when you factor in the difference in resolution they're running at, it's going to widen that gap considerably. Q instant for example is showing you an almost 50% advantage for the gs4...but the note it's only running the test at 720p, shop the difference is closer to 100% when you factor in the pixels the gs4 is pushing.

Also, I'd be more interested in your view of what you gain and lose by transitioning devices (wacom digitizer vs all the whizbang sensors) and your view of the trade offs both positive and negative!

Good start though!

Jack

Thanks for the solid advice bro... And once my review goes up... I def will.... Do everything you just suggested

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta