Galaxy S5 how to store music to SD card ?

John Deci

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy s5 phone which I have had rooted ,im trying to store all my music on my sd card so I don't use all my internal memory.
You can copy and move to sd card but its still on internal mem,if you delete the songs from internal mem song are gone.
any suggestions?
thanks for any help

Parham Goudarzi

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
You mean songs are gone in the default music player? I have no idea about It. My music player work as how as it should

Posted via Android Central App

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm assuming you're referring to music on your computer as MP3-type files

The more free type method is to plug in your phone to your computer, connect as a media device, then simply drag and drop the files onto your phone. When you connect, it'll give you the choice of either accessing your phone's memory or SDCard (Assuming an SDCard is installed).

Another method that's pretty easy would be to get a small to large SDCard adapter and toss it into your computer/laptop and transfer. Of course that's IF you have a SDCard slot on your computer. If you don't, there is a USB SDcard device that many with digital cameras use from time to time.

There are other methods, but these are the easiest.

John Deci

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
On my S3 music could be stored on the SD card not phone memory so I could use up to the size card 64gb.
on my S5 I can only store up to the size of phone memory which mine is 16gb.
If you copy and move to sd card they still stay in phone memory.
if you use the move it takes them out of phone storage and puts in sd storage but there is no way to play them on the phone such as music player.

jenpossy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
go into "My Files" - "device storage" - "music" - select the music you want then go to your upper right corner and press the drop down menu and select move- "SD card" - make a music file and then press move here.

it might not work well if you don't have a good SD card. i recommend Sandisk.

grantznoble

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Just go into the Music app settings and select the SD card as your storage location.
It will even move all the files for you.
Be sure the SD card is installed when you do this.

Francis Khuong

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I agree, there is no option in Music to select SD Card as a default repository. I have been looking everywhere... can anyone help? I moved all my music folders from Phone to Card (SD) easily by Drag & Drop once connect my Galaxy S5 to my laptop. From laptop, the S5 appears, then just to the normal File Explorer to move.... that operation is simple. The part here where to default Music to play from the SD card is a mystery. the only way I an get Music to play in my S5 is to go to "My Files" (from my Galaxy S5) and navigate to the folder where my music folders are at which is under "SD Card\Android\data\com.google.android.music"... then play from there. As you can see, that is 4 times pushing button to get to the music folders. No convenient at all.

Francis Khuong

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Oh... I got it... The mistake I made was to use the "SD Card\Android\data\com.google.android.music" folder and subfolders... I just moved all of my music folders to the top level which is Card. Then go to the phone Samsung Galaxy S5, in the Music, you will see all musics folder in the Recently Added folder...

chiffonade

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a related question. I also found that music folder way into the data folder and it doesn't make any sense to store anything there. I tried it with one song track and it launched iTunes. (My phone is connected to my computer by cable.) I thought for sure there is a way to create a music folder in the main Android Card folder and then drag some songs over to that; and access it without a fifteen page treasure map. There is NO way to create a folder in the SD card! I'm trying to get away from using my iPod because something weird is going on with it. If I click on one song, another plays; and my playlists are malfunctioning.

This is incredibly frustrating and there does not seem to be an easy fix to the music storage on Android problem. Anyone come up with anything new?? :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582