Galaxy S5 Water Resistant?! Maybe "in your dreams" but not mine ;)

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: can i use samsung s5 in shower

You can but I wouldn't suggest it. LOL. I wouldn't risk it. It's more for accidental drops in water or if you get caught out in the rain. I wouldn't push my luck.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I did sometime during the World Cup, I missed the Brazil/Germany game and watched the first five goals while in the shower. LOL

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

Anyways what did you decide for phone now I bet you liked S5 more

Posted via Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

If it can handle 30 minutes underwater, I'm sure it can handle the shower... I took mine in the pool and took underwater pics and still fine

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

zecha46

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

I used mine in the shower and at pool side with no problems. But for a better sound I got the UE ultimate ears boom. It connects bluetooth and is also water resistant. The sound is also much better. Its not cheep , but you get what you pay for. Best Buy for $200.

JellyJamStudios

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

No don't do it because the water can get in the speakers and distort the sound. But it will revert back to normal in about an hour when the water has dried.

Posted via Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

I can't even use mine in the tub with DAMP hands. The screen becomes unresponsive. Maybe a small drop or two of water on the screen and it's all over for SEVERAL minutes.

iphone5s

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Water slide while taking a video?

Is it safe to take a video using the S5 on a water slide?

You know, I'm going to say go for it. If you keep your arms high when you hit the pool in the end. Alternatively you could put your phone in a ziplock bag. I've taken a non waterproof video camera on water rides with no water damage.

ProverbialPaul

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
These stories are hilarious. I took my wife's S5 SNORKELLING in Australia for over half an hour and video'd the whole thing. Phone still works perfectly months later.