Galaxy S6 does not dial/call on first try, but only on second try,

Gruwel

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey

I recently got a Galaxy S6 and noticed that when I swipe to call the phone does nothing on the first try (except for showing the green bar with the words "call"). Sometimes it opens the calling screen for a millisecond but then reverts back to contacts. On the second try however it does connect the call.
The same happens when I'm in the phone dialer. I'll type in the number, press dial and then it just goes back to the dial screen as if I didn't type in anything. After typing in the number and pressing dial a second time does the phone actually call the number.

It also sometimes happen that the phone will call (showing calling), but the call never connects. After ending the call and redialing does the call go through and connect.

Has anyone experienced any of the above and how can I fix this?

Thank you.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey

I recently got a Galaxy S6 and noticed that when I swipe to call the phone does nothing on the first try (except for showing the green bar with the words "call"). Sometimes it opens the calling screen for a millisecond but then reverts back to contacts. On the second try however it does connect the call.
The same happens when I'm in the phone dialer. I'll type in the number, press dial and then it just goes back to the dial screen as if I didn't type in anything. After typing in the number and pressing dial a second time does the phone actually call the number.

It also sometimes happen that the phone will call (showing calling), but the call never connects. After ending the call and redialing does the call go through and connect.

Has anyone experienced any of the above and how can I fix this?

Thank you.

Are you deliberately swiping all the way in that direction?

Posted via the Android Central App

f15eagleger

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same issue with my S5. I have done a factory reset, cleared the phone cache and none of this works. The next things I will try is changing out the SIM card (still using the SIM from the S3) and possibly installing apps 1 by 1 and seeing if it is an app that is causing it. The only app I could think of that would do this would be the Avast Anti-Theft app but I doubt it.

hello80

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
YES!!! Same issue here, its with my phone as well as my wife. Small grey text box pops up and says "call not sent" but then if you try to call a 2nd time then phone dials. its getting very annoying, any help would be much appreciated. It must be a problem with the software update or something.

f15eagleger

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
A brand new SIM card did not fix the issue. I have booted the phone into safe mode and will be using it like that for a while to see if a third party app is the problem.

Fred Gignac

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. No matter how I try to make a phone call, it always says "call not sent".
The second time is a charm though.
Help!

f15eagleger

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Finally! Figured out what it was. If anyone is having the issue where the dialler app begins the call and it ends immediately until you try again, uninstall avast anti-theft. If you don't have it then it's a good chance it might be a different app.

For the avast anti-theft app, you can only access it through the dialler by entering your pin and hitting the # key. That seems to be causing it to crash always.

Glad it wasn't the phone.

Btw my S3 never had an issue with avast anti-theft. It might be a lollipop thing since I have another friend that had the same issue with his Sony.

DebsG

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem. Took it in for checking. Came back saying they were unable to stimulate the problem so just updated software! Still happened so went back ..... showed the assistant EXACTLY what was happening aNd made them note that they had witnessed it. Army it off again .... got a new phone back. Was nothing to do worth apps. I'd deleted ALL apps after doing a complete reset 1st ... still happened.
New phone dials properly now.
But new issue of crap GPS on tracking apps

Posted via the Android Central App

0mni

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I have no fix but the same happens to me, only ever on one person though.

I call them and it dials once then drops the call, the second time it goes through. I checked and the other person's phone had no record of the call connecting.

Mbrill73

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. It was a third party app, specifically Ring Central. Removed the app and all is fine now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

renadi

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. It was a third party app, specifically Ring Central. Removed the app and all is fine now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Aha!
Thank you.

I don't know how many times I put my phone to my ear after making a call only for it to say call not sent, no more, uninstalled Ring Central and it works again.

neo1roos

May 15, 2012
Visit site
So I have had this issue off and on with my Galaxy S6 and I have found it can be triggered by lots of different apps. Every time I try to install some media streaming apps and games, this issue starts to appear like clock work. I have had trouble with the following apps:

Podcast & Radio Addict
Fallout Shelter (Didn't happen when this app was on the phone as much but still would happen more than when its not.)
Voice Changer
Automatic Call recorder
Voice Recorder
Groove IP VOIP Calls & Texts
WhatsApp Messanger
iHeartRadio
Zedge (maybe)

Most of those look like they have to do with interacting with the phones mic/speaker systems. but I am unsure if there is an correlation .

Any thoughts?

ier80899

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a G2 and just switched to another G2... had problem before on old cell and now new one.

Here's how it happens with me on my LG G2...
  • Manually type out the number in the phone/contacts stock app
  • Press green call button
  • Number would be removed from the screen and nothing else happens
  • I go to Recent tab and the number isn't there.
It's as if the app couldn't send the number from the Dial module to the Call module within the app... if that makes any sense. And the numbers are new... not existing contacts.

The issue is NOT:
  • Swiping... as I manually enter the 10 digit number
  • 3rd party apps... as I don't have any 3rd party ringer apps
  • Sim card... as my contacts are not stored on sim card
  • SD card... the LG G2 does not have an SD card
And like the initial poster indicated, the 2nd time the number is entered, the call will go through. Still looking for ideas ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdude91