Galaxy S6 vs Note 4 (Cost wise)

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Source: Curved Samsung Galaxy S6 will suffer from yield issues at launch | Ars Technica

"According to a source at one of Samsung's mobile carrier partners in Europe who spoke to Ars Technica under the condition of anonymity, Samsung is launching both the curved and normal Galaxy S6 at rather exorbitant price points."

Galaxy S6 base model is rumored to be starting at a price of $850 for the lowest tier capacity.

Note 4 is $650 and arguably is the best phone on the market right now.

What do people think about this starting galaxy S6 price? True or False. It seems too high at a time when Samsung needs to raise its profits but then again leaks have been claiming new materials and new designs.

$850 S6 seemingly would make the Note 4 be a no-brainer in terms of value

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Source: Curved Samsung Galaxy S6 will suffer from yield issues at launch | Ars Technica

"According to a source at one of Samsung's mobile carrier partners in Europe who spoke to Ars Technica under the condition of anonymity, Samsung is launching both the curved and normal Galaxy S6 at rather exorbitant price points."

Galaxy S6 base model is rumored to be starting at a price of $850 for the lowest tier capacity.

What do people think about this starting galaxy S6 price? True or False. It seems too high at a time when Samsung needs to raise its profits but then again leaks have been claiming new materials and new designs.

If the Galaxy S is $850 I might just put up with the size of the Note 4...

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If this is true I forsee Samsung losing a lot of customers. The iPhone 6 has great build quality and materials without this type of price point. Let's all just wait and see and hope as well that these are just rumors.

Posted via Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
It would be counter productive for samsung to go up to much in price from the s5. All the advancements are to play catch up from the s5 not selling as well.

The edge version may get close to that, but not any standard model, samsung would be shooting themselves in the foot... they NEED this one to sell like crazy!!

Verizon Note4 w/ Otterbox Defender

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I think you right. Again trying to lure iphone people and other android users, when 1. The loss of SD and Battery removel and 2. A lot more expensive? How are they going to compete with Apple and other Android manufacturers? They wont. Seems like the shooting themselves in the foot.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

No way the S6 will be $850. Good gawd.

crysis63

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If this is true I forsee Samsung losing a lot of customers. The iPhone 6 has great build quality and materials without this type of price point. Let's all just wait and see and hope as well that these are just rumors.

i would not say iphone 6 has great build quality, because it can bend in tight jeans when sitting, but i guess in terms of the feel of it in your hands it is.

jibblator

May 31, 2013
Visit site
No way the S6 will be $850. Good gawd.

Yeah, that's insane...never mind how the S6 Edge is going to cost! An extra $200 just cos they're using metal and glass now (the same metal and glass that other manufacturers having been using for years at a lower price)...lol, whatever Samsung..just shut up and take my mo....er no

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I see your point but any phone will have flaws. Each will have its own weakness and strength none are perfect. I suppose in my initial statement I should have also included HTC as making phones with great build quality without what I feel is an obscene price. Although before I'm countered with this HTC may go up in price on the flagship phone they build this year, so we must wait and see. Hopefully we will all find the phone we want that has the qualities we each are looking for.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S6 pricing
Aside from these intriguing images, a source has also spoken to the Ars Technica website and spilled the beans on the pricing for the Galaxy S6. The source in question is reportedly from a UK-based carrier company, and suggests that there will be 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB variants of the Galaxy S6. The photographs which have emerged in the last 24 hours imply that this will all be internal memory.

According to the information emanating from this British company, the 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB versions of the Galaxy S6 will retail at €749 ($840), €849 ($950) and €949 ($1,065) respectively. The source also suggests that the Galaxy S6 Edge will retail at €100 more per storage model, which often translates directly into dollars in the US market.

From the link you provide. So scale back on features that made this a great device and charge more? Hanging themselves....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1