Galaxy S7-All the right moves and then stumbles at the finishing line (only has 32gb internal)

spock123

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S7-All the right moves and then stumbles at the finishing line

Same here - sometimes I feel like a lot (not all) of the people lamenting are living in the past..

Photos and Music locally stored? Really?
Cache I get - but seriously storing your photos and music (mp3s) on your phone?
I only have one advice:

- find a time machine - enter "2016" and push "enter"...

Last edited:

dingyibvs

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site

Same here - sometimes I feel like a lot (not all) of the people lamenting and whining are living i the past..

I only have one advice:

Right, because in 2016 there are no longer subways, planes, foreign countries, or parking garages. Heck, where I live there are dead spots right next to my building. Every time I drive to work I basically have no internet access until I'm almost on the highway, at which time I really shouldn't be fumbling around to launch the music player.

spock123

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

So you're telling me you're too cheap to have a good data plan, but well off enough to buy the most expensive phone on the Planet?

dingyibvs

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site

So you're telling me you're too cheap to have a good data plan, but well off enough to buy the most expensive phone on the Planet?

I must've missed the data plan that can penetrate the NYC subways and parking garages and work 30,000 feet above ground.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

Same here - sometimes I feel like a lot (not all) of the people lamenting are living in the past..

I only have one advice:

Had the same argument when the S6 came out and people on here were castigating my need for SD card storage. Even when I'm streaming music in my house with wifi and broadband at 200mb I sometimes get stutter and unwanted pauses.

Samsung realised the error of their ways and have reinstated that SD storage and I am glad about it.

Posted from my kicking Samsung Note4 on Lollipop 5.1.1

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Exactly. Not ashamed either. Why should I pay a large mobile plan when I don't need it? Buying an expensive mobile does not equate to tethering it to an expensive mobile plan.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering how much more it costs Samsung/Apple or any other manufacturer for that matter, to use higher storage capacities. Does 128gb really cost them that much more than 64gn? Is it difficult to gives us 256gb out of the box? 500 even? Not that we need 500. Just saying.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering how much more it costs Samsung/Apple or any other manufacturer for that matter, to use higher storage capacities. Does 128gb really cost them that much more than 64gn? Is it difficult to gives us 256gb out of the box? 500 even? Not that we need 500. Just saying.

64gb to 128gb is probably about a $25-30 bom cost, add in the 2-3x markup over bom for retail and you are looking around $50-90.

256gb fast storage for smartphone isn't out yet I think.... Samsung should have it out soon. 500gb doesn't exist for smartphone

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
64gb to 128gb is probably about a $25-30 bom cost, add in the 2-3x markup over bom for retail and you are looking around $50-90.

256gb fast storage for smartphone isn't out yet I think.... Samsung should have it out soon. 500gb doesn't exist for smartphone

I know it doesn't exist but with today's technology I'm sure it's possible, just not necessary.