Galaxy S7 Edge Android System using 75!! How can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S7 Edge Android System using 75%!!

I've been noticing that for the past few days, my battery has been draining WAY too fast. After 2 min off the charger, it's at 98% and just goes downhill from there. In the settings->battery, the Android System is using 75%!! It was at 12% or so ever since I got it and is now draining my battery. How can I fix this?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Android System using 75%!!

Try first a Power Off and Restart.
Tell us what that does.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Android System using 75%!!

I tried and the 75% held. Android System 75%, Android OS 6%, Screen 6%, Cell Standby 2%.

Yes, but I mean, does it make a difference after say a day's use? If, after charging to 100%, you still see high Android OS battery usage after a day's use, it will not have made a difference, and other tactics will have to be considered. But it's always worth trying the simplest fixes first.

Also, welcome as a new member. :)

Farah Sabbagh

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Thank you :) No, it's no better after the day. I've checked the battery usage regularly every few hours and it's been between 50%-75%, even with all of the apps closed. I didn't think much about it up until 2 days ago. I was finding that just having it with me, it would drain from 100% to 65% in the course of an hour or two.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante