Galaxy S7 Edge Recent Apps Issue

oalvarez22

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
The Recent Opened App screen on the Galaxy S7 doesn't seem to be working correctly. When I swipe with my fingers the apps don't scroll. They go from beginning to end very abruptly. I can't find the apps I need unless I move very slowly. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? Please let me know. This is very frustrating. I didn't have this issue on my NOTE 5.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you swiping in the center of the screen, or along the side? Sometimes there's a scroll bar in the side, and if you try to swipe there, you might accidentally make it jump to a location instead of scrolling.

Also, try wiping the cache partition, which can be a helpful general troubleshooting step: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24999

oalvarez22

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I found the culprit. I opened Developer Option and changed the animation to 0 . This created the issue. I just realized by playing with those setting. Thanks for the help though.

mrosarionyc

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Tried your recommendations in Developer Options and no change. This a huge let down considered that my older SGS5 is very smooth when swiping up/down the recent apps. I even cleared my cache partition and nothing. Anyone else has another suggestion? I have all of my animations set to '0'.

mrosarionyc

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Kept on testing it and seems I have to restart the phone everytime I change the animation settings. The only limitation is that ALL of those settings need to be set to anything but '0'. You can't have a combination. That sucks.

I'm having the same issue. Tried your recommendations in Developer Options and no change. This a huge let down considered that my older SGS5 is very smooth when swiping up/down the recent apps. I even cleared my cache partition and nothing. Anyone else has another suggestion? I have all of my animations set to '0'.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The problem is you have it on 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol