Galaxy S8 or wait for the Note 8

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
My guess is, The Note 8 will have very similar specs to the S8+ but will likely be a bit wider to allow space for an s-pen silo. Everyone's situation is different, If you want what a Note offers, then get that, If you want the S8 and the s-pen and related functionality is not important then get what you feel meets your needs. If you're a Die Hard Get Both... :) I have the S8+ and will likely get the Note 8 when it comes out..(I currently use an external stylus to get Note like functionality)

Cheers,
BR

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The Note 8 will also take what we see on the S series and further refine it. Plus, I'm not sure I can pass up Samsung's take on duel cameras.

bubbbbbz

May 18, 2015
Visit site
the latest leak today seems positive if its true for the new note

Everything we expect, scanner under the screen, dual camera only thing is no 4k screen.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
True and not true

I have the S7 Edge and I want to upgrade, but if the Note 8 will for example have a better battery life then the S8 (which seems to be like its the same as the S7), I'd wait...in other words, I want to upgrade to the better phone between the Note 8 and S8....don't care about the S9 right now.

Guess I'll just wait for reviews

Battery life in the S8 has shown to be quite better than the s7. Not many s7s getting 6-8 hours SOT

anon(5868408)

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Pretty impressive spec sheet, with all that, guessing we are looking at a thousand dollar plus phone. Double the memory, more ram, bigger screen, and the fact the note series always costs more.

Hey guys...I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the NOTE 8 will be actually WIDER than the s8 and s8+...I can't stand how skinny and long the s8's are. I need it at least as wide as the Note 5 and Note 7. Anyone know anything????

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys...I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the NOTE 8 will be actually WIDER than the s8 and s8+...I can't stand how skinny and long the s8's are. I need it at least as wide as the Note 5 and Note 7. Anyone know anything????

It will be a tiny amount wider since the screen is taller, but it's still not going to be as wide as prior Notes.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Gone back and forth. Presently I'm boycotting Note 8--and I've had em all except for the 1st iteration.

Will try fiber mesh stylus and S Note. Yeah, I know it's crippled but I'm so pissed at Samsung presently that's my plan.

Thomasrope

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I used the Note 4 for 3 years and was anxiously awaiting the Note 7. I was DEVASTATED with the Note 7 fiasco and finally moved to the S8+ when it came out in April. I am very happy with the S8+ and have survived without the SPen. I doubt I'll move back to the Note series.