Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread

joyknights

Sep 21, 2018
Visit site
I don't know if it's my charger that has problem or the smartphone instead. Lately, I have noticed that my S8 temperature rises when charge for too long like atleast 30mins. I have been using this phone for more than a year now.

Stan_oela

Sep 11, 2018
Visit site
I don't know if it's my charger that has problem or the smartphone instead. Lately, I have noticed that my S8 temperature rises when charge for too long like atleast 30mins. I have been using this phone for more than a year now.

Do you have any older samsung chargers? And i mean the type 2 models. Use one of those, see if the problem persists. And yes i know the s8 has a type c port, but they added a usb connector in the box. Use that ;) I've had mine for a month now and in my experience, the phone stays cooler overall when using an old ADAPTOR with the standard black type c cable. So perhaps it's the standard s8 adaptor (I noticed it has variable output, 1.67-2.00A)

Stan_oela

Sep 11, 2018
Visit site
I have a tip for everyone here, hopefully you'll find it useful.
In order to improve standby time, clear all apps in the recents folder and clean up the ram using the built in device maintenance. Just press "optimize". It's easy when you have the widget somewhere. Do this everytime you lock your phone, not just when you're going to bed. I noticed a HUGE difference. Constantly locking and unlocking the phone will drain my battery more than 2%/h in standby time. Following the steps above reduces it to less than 1%

Stan_oela

Sep 11, 2018
Visit site
Decided to test my battery today. Can't get readings on the monitor so i decided to keep track myself. Here it is:
From 100 to 53%
Whatsapp 5 mins
Play store 5 mins
Settings 5 mins
Accubattery 10 mins
Youtube 40 mins
Discord 10 mins
Browser 32 mins (reading/replying to this thread)
Facebook+Maps (split screen) 30 mins
Facebook (seperately) 38 mins
Maps(separately) 27 mins
Maps used with high accuracy
Standby time accounts for 1%
Not very happy with battery life as it drains about 1% every 5 minutes or more sometimes (as was the case during this session)
Continuing this usage pattern, I could get 5-6 hours of SOT until I reached 10%. Less if I left my phone on standby time without cleaning RAM. Don't know if this is considered moderate or light usage.

Last edited: