Galaxy S9 no longer has voLTE

jmak

Apr 14, 2023
Visit site
When switching from spectrum to consumer cellular my voLTE access disappeared. Now it only shows LTE 3G/2G auto connect. I was told by CC that even though the IMEI was listed as accessible some phones made by Verizon have different technolgy and therefore won't work with ATT service. I was told the only thing I can do is buy a new phone. Is this correct?

jmak

Apr 14, 2023
Visit site
yes, that was the first thing i did before ordering as i wanted to bring my own phone and was listed as compatible. after activation i couldn't call out so talked to a rep who had me reconfigure access points but still couldn't call out. i have the ability to send/receive texts and rep confirmed imei as compatible with cc but said that there are some phones made by verizon (i had service by spectrum amd voLTE was working during that time) that won't work with att as technology is different and suggested i buy a new phone. this makes no sense to me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
yes, that was the first thing i did before ordering as i wanted to bring my own phone and was listed as compatible. after activation i couldn't call out so talked to a rep who had me reconfigure access points but still couldn't call out. i have the ability to send/receive texts and rep confirmed imei as compatible with cc but said that there are some phones made by verizon (i had service by spectrum amd voLTE was working during that time) that won't work with att as technology is different and suggested i buy a new phone. this makes no sense to me.
I agree, that sounds like they're speaking out of both sides of their mouth. :confused:

AT&T is notorious for being picky about which phones they allow on their network, so there might not be any alternative.

• Sad
Reactions: jmak