Galaxy S9+ won't load media on some apps over Wi-Fi, but will on mobile data.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have tried restarting the phone multiple times, resetting all network connections, wiped the cache partition, and reset my wifi router. I can stream HD videos, etc. on other devices as well as on my phone over wifi. When it comes to loading media on most apps (like twitter, gmail, signal and some others) the pictures and videos won't load over wifi; it just sits and spins. Gmail will not download emails right away, but I can easily load facebook videos and such over wifi. Once I switch to mobile data, everything on all apps loads normally.

I have the most recent update and this problem has occurred over multiple update versions. Ookla Speedtest shows 99.6 mbps download and 5.89 upload

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to try this on a different wi-fi network? Do you control your network, or is it supervised by someone else?

Stephen 3

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to try this on a different wi-fi network? Do you control your network, or is it supervised by someone else?

Unfortunately I don't control the network, but I was able to log in to the xfinity public wifi of my neighbor and things already started to work better.
Thank you for your help. I restarted the router once again and this time it seemed to have fixed the problem for now. I'll update if the problem persists, but thank you both!