Galaxy SIII Batteries...

GiftedSoul

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 Batteries...

Just as a quick update, I got the Galaxy S III and I'm loving it so far. The only issue is that I believe I got a counterfeit battery from Amazon. The seller was 360 Mobile Solutions and was said to be OEM Samsung batteries; but for one, the battery only lasts for about three hours with heavy use, it froze my phone twice, and I was curious about the battery so I decided to take the Samsung wrapping off to reveal the cell and there was a plastic black "filler" material between the wrapping and the cell. From what I found about this "filler", its used to make up for the space deficit of the battery cell being too small (please correct me if I'm wrong) thus making it a counterfeit. I also called Samsung and they couldn't verify the serial number. So I contact the seller and here's what they told me:

"The product you purchased is not a counterfeit as these batteries can be found directly on Samsung's website. You can go-to Samsung and type in the model number of the battery you received to confirm the model number is genuine. The Galaxy S III series has numerous model numbers for both international and domestic carriers. There is a combination of over 5+ Galaxy S3 model numbers and between those models there are 3 versions of the batteries. We would be happy to offer you a refund for the battery. Simply request a refund from the Manage Orders page and we will promptly accept it. You will receive instructions to return the battery to us and we will provide you with a refund once returned. Kindly let us know if you have any further questions."

Please feel free to respond as I would like to know if this is in fact counterfeit but Samsung couldn't verify the serial and its a bit odd that their referring me to a site that isn't Samsung itself because I called Samsung by phone.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Please feel free to respond as I would like to know if this is in fact counterfeit but Samsung couldn't verify the serial and its a bit odd that their referring me to a site that isn't Samsung itself because I called Samsung by phone.

Anyoone can use an imaging package like Photoshop to duplicate a model number. So that doesn't prove a thing. How much did you pay for the battery? If it has filler, I'd expect your suspicion is correct. And if you paid less than $30 - especially a LOT less - then you got a fake. Buy the OEM from Android Central. I think you can trust these guys. The prices aren't always the best, but Amazon is simply swamped with fakes.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I can also confirm lack of battery for cpo phones. When I got my rezound for my thunderbolt it did not come with a battery but it did have a back, however the rep said it might not have a back.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
It might be hard to believe but now Verizon will not send you a back and battery if you choose to switch devices. I know they used to do so, but when my wife went from the Charge to the GNex, I had to purchase the extended battery and cover.

Amazing huh?

The 3 hours of on screen time is about what I get on a genuine S3 Samsung battery. Isn't that about the best you can expect?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dark Guitar Lord

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
After reading this thread it makes me wish or hope for a new option for phone service. Verizon have become too big for their own good. AT&T are tyrants for the most part. Sprint and T-Mobile just don't have the coverage I need at this time. How long before Google gets their "secret" phone service available for the US?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

"The product you purchased is not a counterfeit as these batteries can be found directly on Samsung's website. You can go-to Samsung and type in the model number of the battery you received to confirm the model number is genuine. The Galaxy S3 series has numerous model numbers for both international and domestic carriers. There is a combination of over 5+ Galaxy S3 model numbers and between those models there are 3 versions of the batteries. We would be happy to offer you a refund for the battery. Simply request a refund from the Manage Orders page and we will promptly accept it. You will receive instructions to return the battery to us and we will provide you with a refund once returned. Kindly let us know if you have any further questions."

LOL. I can go out today and order labels printed with whatever model number I want. The fact that the model number matches Samsung's battery means nothing, and I would interpret their attempt to snow you with this as meaning the battery is counterfeit. Face facts: If you want a genuine Samsung battery you're going to pay through the nose for it. In your situation, I'd just buy 2 or 3 cheapo batteries with an external charger and call it a day.

Oh, and I'd also leave Verizon as soon as your commitment is up. That policy is absolutely ludicrous. Talk about contempt for your customers, and lousy customer service!

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't complain to the seller, complain to amazon. I got a counterfeit Otterbox for my iPhone 4 and complained to amazon directly. Refunded my money and I was told to keep the case to use or dispose of as I chose.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

russ8128

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I've been using the Anker batteries from Amazon since July. No issues at all. Basically, I rotate the 3 batteries I have. The battery life seems to be similar between all three.