Galaxy watch 3 and S21 Ultra with Samsung health

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It seems like I need to start the workout on my watch in order for it to record the heart rate data during the workout. Even though the watch is connected to the phone the heart rate data does not always show up on the phone when I initiate the workout on the phone Samsung Health app versus on the watch. There were a few times when the heart rate data was recorded but it doesn't seem to happen every time unless I start the workout on the watch

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you should start it on the watch if you want the HR data to be logged. You were occasionally getting it when you stated it on the phone too? I didn't think it worked that way. I'm an avid runner and I always start the workout on my Galaxy Watch 3 so I can be sure to get the v02 max and other advanced running data. I also restart my watch once a week to avoid it cutting out during a workout. It happened to me a couple times but hasn't since I started restarting once a week.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes, you should start it on the watch if you want the HR data to be logged. You were occasionally getting it when you stated it on the phone too? I didn't think it worked that way. I'm an avid runner and I always start the workout on my Galaxy Watch 3 so I can be sure to get the v02 max and other advanced running data. I also restart my watch once a week to avoid it cutting out during a workout. It happened to me a couple times but hasn't since I started restarting once a week.
I believe a few times when I had Auto workout on it was recording the HR data but I did know this it does much better when I start on the watch

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I like seeing the mileage and other info on the phone though while I'm riding my bike. I have one of those nice Ram amounts on my road bike

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I like seeing the mileage and other info on the phone though while I'm riding my bike. I have one of those nice Ram amounts on my road bike
That's understandable. When you're riding your bike, a wrist based HR monitor is not accurate at all. It's not super accurate otherwise either to be honest but it's pretty close but when you are cycling with a bent wrist, it is very inconsistent. You'd be better off with a chest strap and using your phone. Watch is great for running so you can see your mileage and pace without having to pull your phone out.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
That's understandable. When you're riding your bike, a wrist based HR monitor is not accurate at all. It's not super accurate otherwise either to be honest but it's pretty close but when you are cycling with a bent wrist, it is very inconsistent. You'd be better off with a chest strap and using your phone. Watch is great for running so you can see your mileage and pace without having to pull your phone out.
I might look into the chest strap I had one in the past I'm trying to use just the accessories I've got because I do like the watch quite a bit but I also like any kind of tech haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae