Games that work on the Optimus V

HallOfPromise

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm finally getting into using this thing for games. This list is great! Made it easy to just search them up and play without worries if it will work well or not. Thanks a bunch :)

Suggestion: Maybe we can update the OP with more games that work and those that don't. But if not no worries. Still appreciate the thread.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
All you gotta do is get it from the market look for an app called tigerarcade or just do a search for mame and it will pop up that way too.

Appreciate the info. I looked into that the day I got my V, but turns out it only supports a couple of games. Checked it out again just to be sure. my favorites won't run in that app, unfortunately.

Gutterball

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Appreciate the info. I looked into that the day I got my V, but turns out it only supports a couple of games. Checked it out again just to be sure. my favorites won't run in that app, unfortunately.

Theres also another app called android arcade which handles mame it can be found just not in the market. What are your favorite roms? The higher end ones require a chd to run.That could be why it wont start?

legion of doo

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a few puzzle games on mine...
Reiner Knizia's Labyrinth (not sure if Labyrinth on page 1 is referring to this)
Scrambled Net
Alchemy Classic (works, but the Optimus screen is small compared to my Nook)

Stuff I haven't tried...
Demon Hunter (downloading it for my Nook first)
Gurk, the 8-bit RPG
Andor's Trail (roguelike)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Theres also another app called android arcade which handles mame it can be found just not in the market. What are your favorite roms? The higher end ones require a chd to run.That could be why it wont start?

no .chd on the ancient games, I'm talking 20-30Kb roms. I like Joust as a timekiller, never saw a version of MAME before which wouldn't run that. Tiger doesn't even see it's there. Noticed that the working games list is very thin.
Can't yet find an apk for android arcade, looks like it used to be a paid app and support died.

JennaP

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any good SMALL puzzle games that work on the V? Just looking for quick timekillers that don't involve heavy reflexes...i'm no good at arcade games.

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Need for Speed Shift works great on my girlfriend's Optimus V. I don't know why you guys are having problems. Have you tried enabling hardware acceleration?

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking for some good multi-player games to play with my Brother (also has a V). So far, we have Reckless Racing. Its very good for quick multi-player fun. Still looking for some others.

I wish Guerrilla Bob, Dungeon Hunters 2, etc.. worked on the V. Some coop fun would be nice.

legion of doo

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Co-op? Pocket Legends is free to start. It's a MMOG (though PL is more like Guild Wars on the PC rather than WoW). Runs fine on the Optimus V, though it's smoother on my iPod Touch & looks better on the Retina display. I guess you pay for expanding the game, but I haven't gotten far in it.

I just put aDOSBox and Candy Apple on my Optimus V. Let's see if I can get XCom or The Bard's Tale to work...

EDIT: Tried Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord on Candy Apple. Text is too small on the Optimus V, so I'm doubtful The Bard's Tale would be playable.

Last edited:

legion of doo

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any good SMALL puzzle games that work on the V? Just looking for quick timekillers that don't involve heavy reflexes...i'm no good at arcade games.

Oh well, haven't been here in a while... but...

Scrambled Net is one that I mentioned above. I like this one.

One of my all time favorite mobile apps... Reiner Knizia's Labyrinth. I even paid to get the iOS version. It's free for Android, and works fine on the Optimus V.

My kids love Slice It. It's not a "cutting game" like Fruit Ninja... it's definitely a puzzle-type game.

All those things are free, ad-supported stuff from the Android Market.

RavenSEAL

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
There are games that...run fine in stock...and then there are games that run fine in CustomROM+OC'd...think about that before you post and make the necessary corrections.

P.s. Angry Birds runs like crap in stock.

legion of doo

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I run stock, BTW.

Angry Birds runs okay in stock. Occasionally, you need to wait for the animations to stop before shooting birds... not a big deal.
Seasons has issues because of the particle/weather things.
Rio is okay because they didn't do all the odd things that are in Seasons.

EDIT: Tried Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord on Candy Apple. Text is too small on the Optimus V, so I'm doubtful The Bard's Tale would be playable.

Ha! Success!

The Bard's Tale: Tales of the Unknown runs okay in Candy Apple. A little slow in the city, but I will see what I can tweak. This is probably an emulation issue rather than a hardware issue.

I'm guessing something about the Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord Zip files that they included via the Candy Apple download are what's corrupt.

If I can get Ultima 1-5 & Wasteland & other Apple 2 classics to work fine, I don't think I will ever need to buy another game ever again. Of course, if you don't like retro games, this stuff ain't for you.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick