gave up on atrix

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
gave up on atrix. returned it yesterday.

• 4g/3g marketing issue.
  • got tired of fingerprint reader not working/not recognizing my prints. would not recognize me on choosing stored prints in settings.
  • friends said atrix mic was crappy compared to old, basic gsm phone i came from. did moto expect everybody to be on bluetooth?
  • custom ring tones would reset (i'd used 'ring droid' and another app i've forgotten) to factory set tones whenever atrix was plugged into computer.

maybe after a few updates/fixes, i'll try again. personally want to see swype updated. swype is one of main reasons i came to android. saw swype on a friends phone, went shopping that afternoon.

went back to old gsm phone, no smartphone. []shoulder shrug[/]

thanks for all the info, ideas on great apps, and insight to what android and atrix can do,

dana

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
yep true.... biometric reader never works even after the soft. update.... i've finally given up using it and switched to the passcode only... mic is still crappy thats also true. and on top of that battery life sucks.... (well its much better comparing to lets say HTC thunderbolt). But i am keeping this phone as i am being realistic about this 4G BS as honestly it wasnt my main concern when i got this phone...

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I totally understand your feelings it can be really annoying(everything you guys mentioned) unfortunately itsn not bad for every owner and so for some of us the phone works just great.
I came from a BB so to be honest with you guys this Android stuff and it's little problems is no big deal compared to the type of crap BB makes you deal with.I was tired of battery pulls all the time and crappy apps and more that I wont get into right now.Its true 4G sux but you know what,patience comes to those who wait and battery life ets really good if you let it run out all the way and charge it full a few cycles......as for your phone....you prolly got the crappy batch cause mine is awsome onlything im mad at is my music player acts up no biggie

stephend50

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I also came from BB (Bold 9000). Maybe my expectations are low? Moto Blur doesn't even bother me (it seems to bother everyone else).

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
yea i know.I am happy cause its a huge change from BB way more interactive and apps work so good I cant complain

GenTsoChicken

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I made the change from a BB to the Atrix and although it hasn't been a smooth ride with the Atrix I'm far from giving up on it. My call keeps dropping off (Now I know what iPhone users feel like) which is tolerable since I barely ever make phone calls but when I do they're important. Battery life is nowhere near that of a BB, i"ll get used to it eventually. But my biggest complaint is the data service which AT&T is to blame. Sometimes I have reboot the phone to get data up again. Very frustrating. Hopefully AT&T can get their act together. I doubt it.

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Swype feels like a gimmick to me, gets old real fast. I do agree about the fingerprint reader though, got better with the update but can still use some improvement.

I don't know how people are having battery issues, I get through a full day of heavy use just fine, who needs more than that? Its no BB but was your bb powering a qhd screen, running angry birds or streaming YouTube? I think not. It'll be awhile until we see BB battery life on an android phone. Until then the atrix is among the best for battery.

Everyone I've asked says I'm coming through crystal clear so I dunno about mic issues.

kid108

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No issues here. Came from a BB 9700 and I am loving the Atrix. Myself and my wife came from BB and we both got an Atrix. Yes my Bold went a day and half of battery life but my Atrix can hold its own going through almost a whole day(24 hours) no issues on medium to heavy usage. :D

Reactions: makaveli28

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have no issues either, I came from a iPhone 4 and loved that device, however the Atrix seems to perform better in everyday tasks and is much faster. I like it.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
dont reboot hit airplane mode which turns your radio off and then turn airplane mode off and the radio comes back its easier than battery pulls....

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
dont reboot hit airplane mode which turns your radio off and then turn airplane mode off and the radio comes back its easier than battery pulls....

Unfortunately it never works for me, i tried to switch airplane mode on/off many times but data service does not come back, only battery pull or reboot helps.....

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately....data service does not come back, only battery pull or reboot helps.....

unless you are locked in, why would anyone keep a state of the art phone that requires battery pulls?

always the option of crossing your fingers and holding a 4 leaf clover waiting for an update to fix it. maybe that will be the atrixs' legacy: most ota's to fix a rushed to market handset.

<grumpy today, sorry>

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
unless you are locked in, why would anyone keep a state of the art phone that requires battery pulls?

always the option of crossing your fingers and holding a 4 leaf clover waiting for an update to fix it. maybe that will be the atrixs' legacy: most ota's to fix a rushed to market handset.

<grumpy today, sorry>

Well you see it happens so rarely that it doesn't bother me much, i also learned from another forum that placing any phone call would activate the data again without needing to reboot... wierd.....

Reventrant

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the reader has problems reading certain types of fingerprints because mine always reads on the first pull and mine was a preorder so I've had it awhile.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
hmmmm....sorry that doesnt help don't know what to say.I have absolutely no issues with my phone at all and I'm pretty glad that it works,after what I heard others saying.I also don't think it was rushed to the market WPBFJR it sounds more like you got a phone from a sh*tty batch rather.I would suggest getting it replaced maybe this time you get a working one.
:-!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArchyA