Question GBoard keeps popping up

AJ69

Jan 1, 2024
Visit site
Since the March Security update the GBoard keeps popping up when I switch back to the home screen.. it's very annoying.. Android 14 on a Pixel 6 pro..

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a Google search bar on your home screen? GBoard pops up when a text field is selected so it may be the text field. If you have Google search on your home screen you might try clearing the cache for it or deleting its data.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It's been a little while since there was any action in this thread so forgive me for not going back and reading everything, but you said that you had the Google search box on your home screen. How much do you use it? Is it something that you really need/want on your home screen? I ask because I would ask that you remove it or move it to the next panel if not forever for long enough to know if not having it on your home screen makes the issue go away. So move it to the next panel for a week, month or until it is still happening.

Let us know what you find.

AJ69

Jan 1, 2024
Visit site
It's been a little while since there was any action in this thread so forgive me for not going back and reading everything, but you said that you had the Google search box on your home screen. How much do you use it? Is it something that you really need/want on your home screen? I ask because I would ask that you remove it or move it to the next panel if not forever for long enough to know if not having it on your home screen makes the issue go away. So move it to the next panel for a week, month or until it is still happening.

Let us know what you find.
Can you tell me how to remove it.. please.. plus it appears at the bottom of every panel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410-170920.png
    Screenshot_20240410-170920.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 7

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
When you say it like that it makes me think we might be talking about two different things.

I thought you had the search bar like in my first photo, which you would just touch and hold until the option to remove popped up.

If you're talking about the last photo, I don't know that there is anything you can do to remove that but I also wouldn't expect that to cause this. I would maybe expect it from the first one since there would be a text field onscreen that might prompt the keyboard to open.

Which are you using when you say that you have it on your home screen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410_121258_One_UI_Home[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_121258_One_UI_Home[1].jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240410_121322_One_UI_Home[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_121322_One_UI_Home[1].jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240410_121358_One_UI_Home[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_121358_One_UI_Home[1].jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

AJ69

Jan 1, 2024
Visit site
When you say it like that it makes me think we might be talking about two different things.

I thought you had the search bar like in my first photo, which you would just touch and hold until the option to remove popped up.

If you're talking about the last photo, I don't know that there is anything you can do to remove that but I also wouldn't expect that to cause this. I would maybe expect it from the first one since there would be a text field onscreen that might prompt the keyboard to open.

Which are you using when you say that you have it on your home screen?
The first picture I posted shows gboard open on the home panel.. this is what keeps happening.. the second picture shows the search bar as I understand it.. the one I tap to search the internet

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My bad for not noticing your pics. So it looks like it's part of your launcher. I've never seen a layout like that where anything shows up under that row. Still seems like you should be able to hold it and get the remove option. If that doesn't work you might be able to pinch or press and hold a blank space of your screen to open the layout options. There's a settings cog there that should give you some options too. You would also know if that's it if you type something when this happens. When you come back to your home screen and the keyboard pops up type hi or something and see if it does up in that search box. If it does then your answer is simple remove it or live with it if it's important to keep it there.

On a side note does this happen only after you've searched something or used the search bar and been taken to the Internet. Then this happens when you try to return home? I mean that would kind of make sense since if it were the last thing you did or had open. Not sure how to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeeBeeEss

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte16