Gear S2 Classic vs Gear S3 Frontier

cgentil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Guys I ordered a Gear S2 Classic for 280€, the Gear S3 Frontier is for 400€, does it worth the 120€ difference for new one?

Or should I stay with the now ordered S2 Classic (I have the choice to replace with Gear S3 Frontier and pay more 120€)

What is your opinion?

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the overall differences are minimal, a slightly bigger screen (S3), the ability to use MST and NFC for payments (S3) and GPS standard on the S3 as where with the S2 you had to have the 3G/4G version... I just purchased the S2 Classic (3G) last week and honestly don't think I'm missing out on much by not opting for the S3 Frontier

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the S3 Frontier and me personally think it's worth the money, just having the Samsung Pay is worth it. The bigger screen is awesome (if you like big watches)

Redflea

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Unless you have battery issues w/the S2 (doubtful, mine was consistently >65% at night) and unless you must have MST for Samsung Pay, I'd stick w/the S2 Classic.

I had the S2 Classic, exchanged for the S3 Classic as I "had to have" MST to use Samsung Pay in more stores (the Classic only supports NFC payments and is much more limited in terms of stores that support NFC.)

But I miss the S2 Classic - it is so sleek and I think better looking than the S3 Classic or S3 Frontier, and doesn't make you feel like you're wearing a dinner plate on your wrist the way the S3 does. I'm 6'2" tall, big guy, and the S3 still feels like a big watch on my wrist - the S2 just felt better overall, less obtrusive. If not for Android Pay/MST, I'd still have my S2 Classic. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aDAMANT007