Gear S2 work with Google Apps anytime soon?

AndroiDudeJ

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello all.

I bought an S2 and like it but then I saw a customer with an Asus Zenwatch 2 and the difference in functionality is dramatic.

Any chance Samsung will improve this anytime soon?

Thanks
B

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I actually went from the zen watch to the gears s2. Gear s2 is hands down superior. Not even close. Only thing zen has is Google now which won't cone to the s2.

Jimmy Bernstein

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
To me, main Google service I miss is Google Tasks. The developer of "My Notes" for Gear 2 mentioned that he's working on adding the ability to sync with Google Tasks (i.e., so you can view your Tasks lists on the Gear S2.) More customers that express an interest in this to him the better...

Jimmy Bernstein

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Tasks for gear s2 is available in the Galaxy app store, at least for my bluetooth s2 classic.

Not sure what you're referring to, but I just saw that the developer of My Notes has released "My Tasks"--worth the $1.50 to check it out
(as far as I know, this is the first true Google Tasks clients)

Last edited:

AndroiDudeJ

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I actually went from the zen watch to the gears s2. Gear s2 is hands down superior. Not even close. Only thing zen has is Google now which won't cone to the s2.
Wow!
That's so not true!

The zenwatch (and other Android Wear powered watches) sync with very common Android apps that the Gear does not, such as...
Our Groceries
Ultimate Todo (which syncs with toodledo)
Google Keep
Google Now
Google Maps
Microsoft OneNote
Evernote
Tick Tick
Journey Diary
Sleep as Android
Wunderlist

To name just the ones I use.
I haven't had time to test out the full functionality of all of them yet, but so far Android Wear blows Tizen OS out of the water.

The S2 is much more elegant however, imo.

What a shame, Samsung.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow!
That's so not true!

The zenwatch (and other Android Wear powered watches) sync with very common Android apps that the Gear does not, such as...
Our Groceries
Ultimate Todo (which syncs with toodledo)
Google Keep
Google Now
Google Maps
Microsoft OneNote
Evernote
Tick Tick
Journey Diary
Sleep as Android
Wunderlist

To name just the ones I use.
I haven't had time to test out the full functionality of all of them yet, but so far Android Wear blows Tizen OS out of the water.

The S2 is much more elegant however, imo.

What a shame, Samsung.
That's the only advantage of the zen watch. Despite that I just feel the s2 experience is better.

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what you're referring to, but I just saw that the developer of My Notes has released "My Tasks"--worth the $1.50 to check it out
(as far as I know, this is the first true Google Tasks clients)

Yes, sorry, My Tasks is what I was referring to. It works. And while I agree that apps is a weak point for the Gear watches, for the record, over the past year 3rd party clients have been released for Evernote, Roku, Nest, Tasker, IFTTT, Philipps Hue, Sleep as Android, and more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samsun_Galacticus