Gear S3 Getting Disconected

Girevik

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I got a Gear S3 last week, and it keeps getting disconnected from my Galaxy S7 Edge. I can understand it disconnecting when I walk away from my phone, but I would expect it do reconnect when I'm in rage but often it doesn't. Even worse, there are times when it disconnects while I have the phone on me. Is there a fix for thise?

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes it could be the phone, but without some testing, we won't be able to say one way or the other. I have the S7 and do not have any issues with disconnects or reconnects.

I would do a factory reset on the S3 and see if the latest update fixes the connection issue.

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with the LG V30 and is not consistent. If I go out of range it disconnects as expected. If I come back into range before it switches to LTE the Bluetooth reconnects. If I stay out of range longer the watch switches to LTE and remote connects to the phone. When I get back into range of the phone it knows the phone is in range and drops the LTE connection but never connects to Bluetooth and stays standalone. Sometimes it does work as expected but it's rare.
It used to work perfectly but stopped after some upgrades a few months ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex432