Gear Tracker Question

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I continue to question weather this or any other smartwatch is up to proper fitness tracking. But on to the topic. Has anyone else had Gear Tracker crash from time to time? Today is the third time for me. I look at the watch and it will be in time, or today, it was auto tracking my workout and the Samsung walking app was up. If I hit gear tracker in the menu it tries to auto resume. This works fine but you lose whatever portion of your workout was between the crash and resume. Today was about a mile which is a lot of data to lose.. The first time I caught it quick but the time prior was almost a mile. It happens randomly. Or at least I can't find a common denominator unless it's a notification that does it. I did report it briefly in the beta group after one occurance but since I can't test the beta no one replied. If it happens again I will probably need to wait to use it again until an update. I did resolve my heart rate issue (sort) by checking frequently for restarts and if I see a couple wiping my wrist and back of the watch with my shirt. Today Gear Tracker also couldn't find GPS for my last half mile which is odd since I was in a wide open area with nothing blocking line of site. It always worked their prior. I gave a feeling it may have been an anomaly with the sattelite. I hesitate to do a full reet again as I just did one from the last crash. It was working well the past week. I may start looking at different devices again. I am sort of fed up with the Galaxy Watch. It is fine for a watch and smart features but as a fitness device it leaves much to be desired.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I used to have this issue when I first got the watch back in August, and for a few months even when I got the first minor update. But that went away completely with the new Tizen update. I never have the tracker crash, and the only time the HRM didn't work is because it was legitimately too sweaty to be expected to. I know you updated, so this is really surprising. No idea what's going on...

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea. Mine actually worked better prior to the update though I liked the new look and features. Gear tracker is probably coming off of my watch. It crashed again today and I lost a half of a mile of data. I know almost to the step where my splits are and when I didn't get notification of one I looked at my watch to see the watch face instead of Gear Tracker. When I hit it from the menu it resumed line always but that's frustrating when you are trying to track and chart everything to prove to your doctor you are following instructions. Guess I should not be so anal.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
What's interesting is I checked Samsung Health and it auto started and tracked it perfectly. Distance was exact so I guess it's Samsung even though I lose features.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred