durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Just got my gear VR through the promotion and wondering if anyone already has one and what remote they bought to use with it?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't like it. It was a little confusing, then just slow as far as downloading and playing, them the phone got too hot so I took it out. I don't think I'll keep it.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Try "Sisters" it's free and pretty short and makes cool use of VR. I watched some of the Iron Maiden videos I took at their Detroit show and it was cool as well. Rilix VR is worth a look too before you write it off. I'm keepin mine even though it's a novelty thing right now.

Also....wear earbuds if you got em while using it. Much more immersive.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Definitely makes the phone get real hot. Seen my highest temp yet watching VR Netflix. 107 had to put it in the freezer for a few seconds.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I was just going to make a thread about this. I received mine yesterday. I'm afraid if I open it, i'll use it for one day and never use again or that it will have virtually no resale vale due to opened package. I only got it because I didn't need a sd card.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
They only cost $99, so you aren't going to make a mint on it. I recommend using it. They are really cool. I missed being able to use my original because of the new USB-C port on my Note 7. Waiting for the new Gear VR now that I have my replacement phone. They might even get cheaper thanks to the Daydream View being $79.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Got mine to and do like it so far. But not happy with the idea of having an exploding phone so close to my eyes