anon(762744)

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Will the note 8 gear be work with note 9?

I also was wondering if it will fit, seeing how I just got the current model a few months back and the Samsung web store says this in the details, which is pretty decent of Samsung to do this.

"Galaxy Note9 requires a new adapter to be sourced free of charge from Samsung Customer Service at 1-800-SAMSUNG"

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I dont have a gear vr yet but definately want one, I would have rather had the pre order bonus been a choice of the headphones or gear vr or both for 99

anon(762744)

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I dont have a gear vr yet but definately want one, I would have rather had the pre order bonus been a choice of the headphones or gear vr or both for 99

Well I called 1-800-SAMSUNG like the website says and they told me I had to call customer service which is 1-855-726-8721 and they said the adapter for the current Gear VR (Note8 edition) will come in the Note9 box, which I know is false because I've watched many unboxing videos. Don't you love how no one knows that the hell they are talking about and they just point fingers at another department. I guess I'll just wait another week or two when my Note9 comes and when I'm certain it's not in the box I will call those numbers back up again and blow up on them.

Attachments

• 10469.jpg
    10469.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 20

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Odds are they were saying that the adapter for the note 9 would be in the gear vr box. Because that is the script they have been told to say... and the USB type C adapter IS in the Gear VR box. The problem is that customer service rarely knows what they are talking about, so they give poor answers.