Gear without Samsung phone?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
You can go into gear on your phone and rearrange the apps for how they display on the watch, so that's also a good place to check for what apps you have, not sure about counterfit but any thing is possible

Edit Kach474 above post is your answer I believe ^^^^^^^^^

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Found this. Guess it's a common issue when using none Samsung phones.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...e/board-id/wearabletech/thread-id/3775/page/1
I have a Frontier LTE. When I first set it up, I did so without connecting it to a phone. Right out the box, the watch comes pre-installed with apps, including the messaging app. To be clear, the watch can handle calls and messages completely independent of a phone. This functionality isn't altered by phone choice.

The email app (red and white icon) only appears when the watch is setup with a Samsung phone. But email notifications can be passed through even when using a non Samsung phone.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
You can go into gear on your phone and rearrange the apps for how they display on the watch, so that's also a good place to check for what apps you have, not sure about counterfit but any thing is possible

Edit Kach474 above post is your answer I believe ^^^^^^^^^

Even in the gear app on the phone in the app section to reorder apps there is no messaging app.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
So I reset the watch "again". This time I didn't connect to the phone. I just set it up with out the phone. Opened apps and both the messaging app and the email app were there. Connect the phone and they immediately disappear. Guess it's a. Phone issue not an issue with the watch. Thanks for the input.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So I reset the watch "again". This time I didn't connect to the phone. I just set it up with out the phone. Opened apps and both the messaging app and the email app were there. Connect the phone and they immediately disappear. Guess it's a. Phone issue not an issue with the watch. Thanks for the input.
OK well good to know

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
The email app was pre-installed on the watch? That is a new development. It's nice to know they're continuing to add new features to Tizen, even without announcements.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The email app was pre-installed on the watch? That is a new development. It's nice to know they're continuing to add new features to Tizen, even without announcements.

Yup. The yellow message app was first in the order and the red email app was not the last page of apps. Until I connected the phone.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Using a Samsung phone S7 and have two different email accounts Gmail and Yahoo and they both auto show on the watch for new mail and you can read the Hole message buy scrolling down

Also messages also shows profile contact pic when new messages arrive full screen on watch