Gemini Privacy and Security Issue?

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I have been reading a bit of online chatter regarding Google holding onto your conversations, locations, etc. for 3 years when you use the Gemini app. Apparently, many consider it to be both a privacy issue and a security issue. Many also do not like the idea of humans reviewing their Gemini interactions and take exception to the fact, that even if you turn off Gemini Apps Activity, your personal info is still held by Google for 72 hours.

What do you think? Is Google asking users to give up too much to use Gemini? Or do some people just have unreasonable privacy expectations in an age of pervasive data collection? Would you consider it be a security issue if your conversations, location, etc were held on a Google server for 3 years?

1000002837.png

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I'm not using it and went back to the Google Assistant. Though I see you could not share as much with it if you do have it on.

Reactions: SeeBeeEss

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I'm not using it and went back to the Google Assistant. Though I see you could not share as much with it if you do have it on.
I'm not either, but, in my case, it has more to do with the fact that I just don't need or want a clumsy, passive-aggressive digital friend than what Google might add to the copious amounts of information they likely already have on me via my Pixels, Gmail, Google Maps, Chrome, etc.

Last edited:

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I'm not either, but, in my case, it has more to do with the fact that I just don't need or want a passive-aggressive digital friend than what Google might add to the copious amounts of information they likely already have on me via my Pixels, Gmail, Google Maps, Chrome, etc.
I'm about the same and don't need any more than what I'm using

Reactions: SeeBeeEss

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bensonboon24