Mar 7, 2019
Visit site
Hey all. I have a weird issue. Occasionally, my phone will seemingly stop responding to OS input actions. So within apps, everything works, but things like the home/back button, opening apps from the home screen don't work. After experimenting with this I found that pulling down the notification bar unfreezing everything and puts the screen the way it would be as if the freeze didn't happen. It almost seems like the screen just isn't updating until the notification is pulled down. This started happening a week ago and I then reset my phone. The reset seemed to work until it started again today. I have no idea how to even approach this issue.
The other strange thing is that my fiance phone started doing this too.

So many an OS update caused it? Maybe a rogue app? I don't have many apps installed.

Any help would be great.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey all. I have a weird issue. Occasionally, my phone will seemingly stop responding to OS input actions. So within apps, everything works, but things like the home/back button, opening apps from the home screen don't work. After experimenting with this I found that pulling down the notification bar unfreezing everything and puts the screen the way it would be as if the freeze didn't happen. It almost seems like the screen just isn't updating until the notification is pulled down. This started happening a week ago and I then reset my phone. The reset seemed to work until it started again today. I have no idea how to even approach this issue.

So many an OS update caused it? Maybe a rogue app? I don't have many apps installed.

Any help would be great.

Do you and your fiance have some of the same apps installed? If you do I would highly suspect it's one of those apps ;)

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site

Any help would be great.

So I have just found I am not able to shutdown/restart my phone. IDK if that means this is malware or what...but any suggestions how I would be able to shutdown? I have tried holding the power button for 30+ seconds.

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
So I have just found I am not able to shutdown/restart my phone. IDK if that means this is malware or what...but any suggestions how I would be able to shutdown? I have tried holding the power button for 30+ seconds.

Three ways:
1-Swipe down for the quick access menu two times so that you get the full screen menu. The power off icon is in the upper right.

2-Go to Settings-> Advanced Features -> Side Button and make sure that Power Off is selected for press and hold. Then try it again.

3-Press and Hold SIMULTANEOUSLY the Side Button (Power) and the Volume Down until the power off menu pops up.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
How do I do this? It's been a while since I went into the bootloader or did anything advanced with my phone.
Long press power button when power off then displayed on the screen then long press it on the screen until u see safe mode then tap it , to exit out that mode just restart your device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance