Get $70-90 off your purchase even if you've already bought the phone.

artdeguzman

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Too bad for me then since I don't have a MOTO to trade up. I was hoping to get something for my Galaxy Nexus 32GB phone. I guess I'll continue to use it as my beater phone.

Bill Newman1

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
What UPC codes are you bringing into your Verizon store that will work with these phones (Admiral, XPRT, etc.)?
Also, how did some of you get the immediate $100 GC? It says on the website it is a mail-in-offer?

Bill Newman1

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay now I am confused. Do you need the UPC on the box from the old phone you are trading in? How many people would still have the box? Or are you talking about the UPC from the Droid Maxx box that I just purchased?

Bill Newman1

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay now I am confused. Do you need the UPC on the box from the old phone you are trading in? How many people would still have the box? Or are you talking about the UPC from the Droid Maxx box that I just purchased?

Me too. This is what I want to know.
Taken from the Terms (See Bold):

7.2 Program Requirements. In order to participate in the Program, you must have an eligible used smartphone as listed here. The Program is only valid within the United States. You must be a minimum of 18 years of age to participate. The Program is not valid on stolen property, pre-production or prototype smartphones. The site is for the exclusive use by consumers and is strictly prohibited for use by wireless dealer's, retailers, or corporate accounts. There is a maximum of five (5) trade-ins per household. Requests from PO boxes will not be honored or acknowledged. Limit one device per postmarked envelope. A valid proof of purchase is a) an copy of the sales receipt or b) a copy of the UPC code from the smartphone box. Limit one Motorola Visa prepaid card per IMEI number. Clover Wireless has the right to reject any trade-up submissions where 1) the used phone is submitted by anyone other than the user of the used phone and 2) when the used phone was not active at the time of the new phone purchase and 3) the trade-up voucher was not signed by you and 4) there is an invalid proof of purchase or 5) we believe there to be fraudulent intentions. Without a valid proof of purchase, you will not receive the $100 Motorola Visa prepaid card. Clover Wireless is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected or postage due mail or requests. We recommend making a photocopy of your submission for your records. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Offer void where prohibited.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I took into the store is the old phone I was trading in and the new phone I had just bought. I believe they just need the ESN numbers so that they can verify the phone is eligible and hasn't been traded in before. The mail-in offer is if you use a carrier other than Verizon. Verizon worked a deal with motorola to give their customers VZW cards. If you buy your new phone from some other carrier, you have to mail in all the paperwork and they send you a $100 VISA gift card.

Bill Newman1

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Ahh thank you for clearing that up!

This is definitely a YMMV situation. I just went by the Official Retail store by my office on my lunch break.
The Sales Rep told me that it must be a Motorola phone activated on the account, and that it must have the offer on your account when they pull it up.

I will try one close to my house Friday possibly since I have MBA classes today/tomorrow.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Surprisingly, there may be pushback from different employees and it will depend on who you talk to. In one store, the greeter said the offer had to be shown on the account, and isn't for everyone, but those who "qualify" for it, but then the actual rep that "helped me" gave me the standard response that the Droid 3 and X2 were eligible for a $100 trade in credit.

At my main corporate store, I was also told just the Droid 3 and X2 were eligible, but I guess that depends on what the rep says. I traded in an X2 I bought for $60 (offset the upgrade fee) and the $100 was just deducted from my out-of-pocket payment that day.

It does not need to be active on the account, and it's an open offer for everyone, at least for Verizon.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Ahh thank you for clearing that up!

This is definitely a YMMV situation. I just went by the Official Retail store by my office on my lunch break.
The Sales Rep told me that it must be a Motorola phone activated on the account, and that it must have the offer on your account when they pull it up.

I will try one close to my house Friday possibly since I have MBA classes today/tomorrow.

The rep is looking at the wrong program. The program specifically says you can use it with a device from another carrier.

Motorola - A Google Company

Q: Do I have to stay with the same carrier when I trade up to a new Motorola phone?
A: No, you can choose to stay with your carrier or go with a different carrier.

Ask for a manager and tell them to lookup the information in the first post. The rep tried to tell me the exact same thing. I called customer care and they told me that it is very clear in their internal training materials, they just have to look at the correct program. I traded in a Sprint Motorola Admiral.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
In one store, the greeter said the offer had to be shown on the account, and isn't for everyone, but those who "qualify" for it, but then the actual rep that "helped me" gave me the standard response that the Droid 3 and X2 were eligible for a $100 trade in credit.

Both the greeter and the initial rep told me it was only the droid x and the x2. I even showed them the moto trade up site that listed the available handsets. Apparently they have multiple programs and the reps only know about a small number. It wasn't till I called customer service and they told me what to tell the manager that I could get them to believe me. You could call customer service inside the store if the store can't find the proper program. Then hand the phone over to the sales rep. It sucks that verzion doesn't give it's empolyees adequate training. It also sucks that so many reps think they are the end-all-be-all of cellular knowledge.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Does this promo work if I get the Maxx through Best Buy? The trade in promo into a verizon gift card.

I've got no idea on that one. I didn't know if it would work in the vzw store till I tried it. You could always give it a try and let us know what happens.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
"7.2 Program Requirements. Clover Wireless has the right to reject any trade-up submissions where 1) the used phone is submitted by anyone other than the user of the used phone and 2) when the used phone was not active at the time of the new phone purchase and 3) the trade-up voucher was not signed by you and 4) there is an invalid proof of purchase or 5) we believe there to be fraudulent intentions."

Clearly this is not meant to be abused by people buying cheap phones off eBay or anywhere else for that matter when it wasn't a phone truly being traded up! This is just as bad as people buying insurance and using it after they break their phone. It is a total rip off and theft.

davinci27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I can see what you are saying, but this stipulation is for clover wireless. We are not using the program through clover wireless we are going through vzw.

I honestly don't feel like I did anything wrong. I didn't lie to anybody at Verizon. I said I owned a phone that was part of the trade up program and I would like to use it. If they had asked I would have told them I bought it off eBay. There were no stipulations that I couldn't. I would have argued with them if they had turned it down because of that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia