Get question to update but cant

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,
I have a Huawei M5 that had a child account and it ran perfect.
I logged out the child account and tried to log in again. But now it says "update required. Minimum requirements is Android 5.1 (I have 8.0.0.371) and google play service 8.6 (i have 21.45.16).
I can login with my "grown up" account but not with the child account? How can I solve this?
best regards, Johan

Johan Siwer

Dec 21, 2021
Visit site
It is the the family link app im using.
So when I first used the M5,
I created a child account on google.
Logged in with the child private account.
Autorized the login with my parent account.
I ran the pad for months.
But I couldn't add my kids school account properly so I wanted to see if the order of adding accounts would make any different.
So I removed the private account and added the school account first. But that didn't work because I have to remove all other account to be able to add a google account that is handled with Family link.
And when i remove all accounts and add the first private child account it says that i dont have the right version.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did the tablet come with Google services preinstalled, or did you have to install them yourself? If the tablet didn't come with Google (due to the Huawei ban) and the seller was able to install Google using a workaround, it's possible that it's not updating everything properly, and therefore lost compatibility with Family Link in some ways.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not talking about Family Link -- that normally has to be installed the user anyway. I mean Google Play Services (along with the Google Play Store and other core apps like Gmail).