Getting Best buy to throw in charger and SD card?

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I ordered from both Samsung and best buy assuming they would ship at around the same time. Turns out the Best Buy order is already here while the Samsung order is not going to ship for another 2-3 weeks. But the Samsung order has the free wireless charging mat as well as 128gb SD card included. Can I convince Best Buy to throw those in as well, or do I need to return my used phone to them so that I make $1,000 loss.

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I ordered from both Samsung and best buy assuming they would ship at around the same time. Turns out the Best Buy order is already here while the Samsung order is not going to ship for another 2-3 weeks. But the Samsung order has the free wireless charging mat as well as 128gb SD card included. Can I convince Best Buy to throw those in as well, or do I need to return my used phone to them so that I make $1,000 loss.
Even if you purchase from Best buy you can still receive freebies from Samsung..

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Even if you purchase from Best buy you can still receive freebies from Samsung..
NOT from what I read - it says must be purchased from samsung.com or the samsung app. I emailed them today because AT&T told me all I had to do was give my AT&T purchase info to Samsung. I Can't find any place to do it.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I bought two Note 8s from Best Buy and just received my two free Samsung promotional items. Just download the Shop Samsung app from the Playstore. Register for you free gift there.

Has nothing to do with where you bought your Note 8, just the fact you bought a Note 8.

scassel

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I ordered from Best Buy and chose the camera (Gear 360). Had the phone 9/6 and the camera on 9/12. All done through the Shop Samsung app.

Broken Vet

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
Ordered from Best Buy, got the phone on the 8th, and the SD card and charger were delivered today. Only took a couple of minutes to enter proof of purchase (photo of IMEI on the box) in Shop Samsung app, and had approval email 20 minutes later.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
NOT from what I read - it says must be purchased from samsung.com or the samsung app. I emailed them today because AT&T told me all I had to do was give my AT&T purchase info to Samsung. I Can't find any place to do it.
Download the shop Samsung app and in the menu go to my promotions. You should be able to register no problem.

I bought mine through Verizon, registered and already received my gear 360

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
FYI- You'll need to pay B.B. a $35.00 re-stocking fee if nothing is wrong with the phone but decide return it. Also, B.B. isn't going to offer you the promo items since it's Sammy's promo not B.Buys.

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all! What a useful thread for anyone having purchased theirs through a third party like me (Best Buy). I just registered my promotion and will cancel the order from Samsung.

MakeMeUp

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but this will be my first ever Samsung phone (I've always had iPhones) It will be delivered on Wednesday, and wasn't aware of receiving any free items. I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, if I ordered through Verizon I can still register to receive these items?

Broken Vet

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but this will be my first ever Samsung phone (I've always had iPhones) It will be delivered on Wednesday, and wasn't aware of receiving any free items. I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, if I ordered through Verizon I can still register to receive these items?

It looks like you need to purchase the phone by 9/24/17. I'd say that you're golden.

samsungpromotions.com

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Download the shop Samsung app and in the menu go to my promotions. You should be able to register no problem.

I bought mine through Verizon, registered and already received my gear 360

Yep, right after I posted, I tried that because I had seen that on their website. It worked - though it said 6-8 weeks, it did confirm the transaction for me after I took a picture of the receipt and sent it! Thanks for replying though!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781