Getting rid of AT&T and installing any custom ROM

Benjamin Waye

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

I am a 10 hour expert in flashing my HTC One x but now when I have finally got it rooted and unlocked and installed twrp I have run straight into a wall.

So what I have done is installed the CM rom with this guide How to Install CyanogenMod on HTC One X ("endeavoru") - CyanogenMod. Flashing using fastboot and then trying to install it in recovery mode which failed. And now the phone won't go past the HTC Quietly Brilliant. What I want is simply to have a phone that can share its hotspot which obv the AT&T rom would not.

Can someone give me a hand with this point me in the right direction and give me some steps to install the CM or any other custom rom?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When you installed the ROM did you "wipe/factory reset" from recovery? That's a requirement to get you booted and not doing so will yield a boot-loop as you are experiencing.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I am a 10 hour expert in flashing my HTC One x but now when I have finally got it rooted and unlocked and installed twrp I have run straight into a wall.

So what I have done is installed the CM rom with this guide How to Install CyanogenMod on HTC One X ("endeavoru") - CyanogenMod. Flashing using fastboot and then trying to install it in recovery mode which failed. And now the phone won't go past the HTC Quietly Brilliant. What I want is simply to have a phone that can share its hotspot which obv the AT&T rom would not.

Can someone give me a hand with this point me in the right direction and give me some steps to install the CM or any other custom rom?

What recovery are you using? Like srkmagnus said, you have to wipe before flashing the rom. Not the entire internal storage, usually there is a "factory reset" option in recovery. Also, if you have S-ON, you will need to flash the boot.img so the rom will work and not end up in a bootloop.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What recovery are you using? Like srkmagnus said, you have to wipe before flashing the rom. Not the entire internal storage, usually there is a "factory reset" option in recovery. Also, if you have S-ON, you will need to flash the boot.img so the rom will work and not end up in a bootloop.

I never used the dedicated a factory reset option when flashing ROMs. I just wipe cache, dalvik cache, system and data.
OP, make sure you select on those four options as you could be deleting something critical to the OS, or the OS itself if you select anything else

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I never used the dedicated a factory reset option when flashing ROMs. I just wipe cache, dalvik cache, system and data.
OP, make sure you select on those four options as you could be deleting something critical to the OS, or the OS itself if you select anything else

Posted via Android Central App

the factory reset in TWRP erases those exactly things :p Everything except the sd card so your content is still there after the factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus