Glass Screen Protector Article

den064

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the ZAGG from day one and I'm very happy with the look and fit with the Otterbox Defender case. I have not had a change in touch sensitive and my only complaint is two thin glue line you can see on the curved section but it is a lot smaller then an off brand one my friend has.

I wish AC would talk about the well known or name brand products more when doing these reviews. I was very suprised ZAGG was not talked about here and the Otterbox Defender was not talked about in the Note 9 Rugged case article.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
My ZAGG Glass Curve has been fine except for the clear glue side edges and large rainbow/oil slick in the middle of the screen under certain lighting.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I'm having as good experience with a 2 for 15 glass protector off Amazon as I did with the Zagg I have on my s7.
At first I bough the Zagg for my newer s9 plus , and the tech broke 2 during installation. I ended up with the sticky only down the sides, but the fit is so good, it lays perfectly flat and no loss in sensitivity.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me started. If anyone asks for a rugged case, my first move is to see if Otterbox has a case for that phone. Then I post my recommendation. (I had a phone thrown into a wall [stupid error] and, since it was in a Defender case, not a mark, even on the wall. That was a few years ago, and the phone is still working fine.)

But the articles are personal opinions, and evidently the person who wrote it isn't that big a fan of Otterbox.

As for Zagg - glass protectors aren't designed to keep the screen from breaking (we'll have to wait for transparent impervium for that), they're designed to keep the screen from scratching and showing rub wear. They're no stronger than Gorilla Glass V. (A plastic protector is actually better protection against breakage.) And, of course, if the screen is curved, nothing can protect it from annealing that was even a touch off in time or temperature. Drop the phone 3 inches to a wooden floor onto a corner of the case and ... crack! right across the screen. (Here again, personal opinion - I prefer the Whitestone Dome if it's available for the phone. Same glass, better coverage of the adhesive.)

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
My ZAGG Glass Curve has been fine except for the clear glue side edges and large rainbow/oil slick in the middle of the screen under certain lighting.

That would annoy the heck out of me and I'd find my eyes searching for it every time I looked at the phone.

For me the WhiteStone Dome Glass Screen Protector is working well as the first line of defence against accidental screen damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61