gmail keeps deleting my email

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
everytime i get a message if i want it left in my inbox and come back its gone it's not anyplace on my phone it's not even on my pc i think that damm new priority inbox is doing it but this is a real problem i lost some pretty important emails from this

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Nobody is having this issue if you have a email in your inbox then close the gmail app and return the email is gone its not in trash its not anyplace on the phone it also isn't anyplace in gmail on my pc.

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Not seeing this issue. Even when I delete an email, I can always find it in the trash folder.

Not sure why your emails are deleting with no trace of them afterwards.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I never have had that happen either .

Someone could delete them off you computer gmail account if they had the info to log into it tho. When your gmailed accounted synced with your phone gmail account any deleted messages from your gmail account on computer would be deleted from your phone's gmail account.

You could always change the password(and keep it secret ;)) though to test that theroy

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the possibility that someone else could delete your E-mail, on PC Gmail you can check to see which IPs have accessed your account.

If the only address shown is your own, you are OK. Still a good idea to change your password, just to be sure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
i use the imap and the gmail program to receive my gmail. The imap is not stable and doesnt download all the time so i use both. There are times where i will receive the email in the imap side, and then sync on gmail and it wont be there even though they should be the same.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i used to be able to see that, but i dont recall where to find that. Can you post where it is at? I think they did away with it.

It's still there, near the bottom of the page, directly below the line that shows how much space you are using at Gmail. It looks like this:

Last account activity: 0 minutes ago at this IP (xx.xxx.xxx.xxx).
Details

If you click on your details link, you will see all of the recent connects to your email.

You can also set it to alert you for any unusual activity.

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
im very curious on this. I use the media dock to charge my phone at night, and through the details of my gmail it shows that at around 8pm (when i went to bed), and 4:30am when i woke up that there was no gmail activity. My power settings are set to performance which means it is always on. Judging by the lack of activity it leads me to believe that only when i touch the phone does it actually "wake up" and search for email. 2.2 is broken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord