Gmail Sync Issue

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a 6 Pro and lately my Gmail app is not pulling in new emails until I open the app. I've seen this before in the past and just made sure the Gmail app wasn't part of any battery optimization which I've also done in my Pixel as well as made sure Adaptive battery is disabled in my device settings. Anyone else run into this issue and got it working again? I've tried to clear cache, force close app, restarted device, made sure notifications were set properly etc. But it's still not automatically pulling in new emails. What am I missing? Gmail is working fine in my Samsung and iPhone.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I remember another thread around here somewhere with the same issue and a solution, but can't find it at the moment. Searching.....

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Have you rebooted your phone yet? It's amazing how many weird things that will fix.

I used to get this problem every once in awhile on my previous phone and this is what I would do if a reboot wouldn't fix it.

Go to settings and type in google account. Scroll down to the one that says Email. Tap on that and then on Manage accounts on this device at the bottom. Then turn off sync and turn back on.

See screenshots.

FrUvLi2.png

R0eUQZb.png

goji26

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
This happens on my phone with several apps. I think it has to do with the Android way of saving battery.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Have you rebooted your phone yet? It's amazing how many weird things that will fix.

I used to get this problem every once in awhile on my previous phone and this is what I would do if a reboot wouldn't fix it.

Go to settings and type in google account. Scroll down to the one that says Email. Tap on that and then on Manage accounts on this device at the bottom. Then turn off sync and turn back on.

See screenshots.

FrUvLi2.png

R0eUQZb.png

Yeah I have rebooted. I’ll try to turn off and on sync under Email. Thanks.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
This happens on my phone with several apps. I think it has to do with the Android way of saving battery.

Yeah I’ve had this on past Pixels also. I’ve made sure Adaptive battery is disabled on the device and made sure the gmail app was set to unrestricted mode.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I remember another thread around here somewhere with the same issue and a solution, but can't find it at the moment. Searching.....

This does seem to be a recurring theme with Android phones of all brands.... I remember the thread you're thinking of, it was huge. Unfortunately I don't remember any of the many suggested fixes either. But I have faith you'll find it and many more will be helped :p ;)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had similar issues to this on all of my recent phones -- Pixel 5 and Samsung Galaxy S10. I'm not a fan of GMail at all. I'm sorry this is happening to you! A very frustrating problem, indeed!

Tool_Belt

Oct 6, 2021
Visit site
I had this problem with an S9, and with my P6. I am using Edison Mail for my email app now and all is well with gMail, Outlook, att.net and a couple emails from web sites I administer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali