Gmail trash

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
After the new gmail update I can't delete anything from my trash folder... any clue how to make that happen...take out the papers and the trash!

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You're right, I don't see any option for that either, although I rarely have need or interest in doing it, as the trash items will be deleted by Gmail automatically in 30 days, anyway.

That's one of the features I like best about Gmail - the fact that when I delete an email from my Inbox, it remains available in Trash for a while, just in case I mistakenly deleted it.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Go to your Gmail account on your pc, open the trash folder, either click on all the boxes one at a time or check the "all" button at the top, click the delete button. Gone.

This should work on the X as well. Menu > folders > trash > menu > select all (or check those you want gone) > delete.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I have Gmail "fetch" my pop 3 email accounts and deliver them to my X. Perhaps you would need to delete in each account, if you have them separated on the X.

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I have no select all in gmail trash folder on my phone the only way to delete mail in trash is to hold down on the mail then delete one at a time.this has got to be an issue with the new gmail if you check the boxes then hit options there is no way to delete any messages not on my phone anyway

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
An issue for Google, not for the DX, it seems to me. This might be better placed in the Android App discussion area.

As I mentioned earlier, I rarely, if ever, delete from Trash, since Gmail deletes automatically after 30 days anyway, so for my purposes it really isn't an issue at all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here...good to know that gmail empties the trash every 30 days. It would be nice though to have the option to do it yourself from the phone if you wanted to do it yourself .

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If you are using the Gmail icon/app to get your email (including fetched Pop 3 accounts), there IS a trash folder on your X under menu>Go to Labels. Took me a while to realize "Labels" meant the various email folders, the same as on your computer's Gmail - whatever you set up. You can do the same things in the Label folders as on the Gmail/computer and it will sync right away.

I gradually eliminated all other methods of getting email, including on my computer. Have only Gmail, although I continue to use my Pop3 accounts via fetch. My calendar also via Gmail. Has simplified things tremendously. Very efficient, too.

Note that it's important (but not critical) to use the X's Gmail app/icon for the Gmail account. The others work OK, but duplicate what the Gmail does and you may even hear double notification sounds for incoming email from using the regular "email" and "messaging" icons/apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pumice stone