Go SMS icon stuck in notification bar

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Go SMS Pro for a long time and have never had this problem. When I get a new text, the Go icon shows up in my notification bar as usual (I have it set to do this), but when I access that text message either from the notification bar pull-down or through the Go SMS app itself, the icon still remains in my notification bar. The only way to remove it is to pull down my notifications and hit "clear". Can anyone tell me how I can fix this? I believe I have all my settings in order (stock notifs off, etc.).

Using Android Rezound (Gingerbread - still!), not rooted, Go Launcher Pro

Thanks!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used go products in a long time but this happens with some apps on my nexus.
Clearing and rebooting usually fixes the issue but every now and then it resurfaces.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I actually figured out what was going on. The texting shortcut I had on my lock screen was was still linked to an old mssg app, so whenever I opened a new text straight from my lock screen I was in that old app rather than GO SMS, so the notification remained since the text wasn't yet technically acknowledged according to GO.

brittany41890

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey I am having the same exact problem with my notification icon showing I have a text but really i dont. The only way i can get it off is from the pull down menu n then hit clear. Can you please tell me how you fixed yours?

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to know the same...I can't get mine out of there and am kind of confused as to how you fixed your problem. If you could please elaborate it would definitely be appreciated.

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't figure this out either. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling even deleting all files that pertain to Go SMS and that one text keeps popping up whenever I open the app. I didn't even use a restore I started from scratch with the app and it still there. Anyone out there know what's going on here. I have tried e-mailing developer haven't gotten a response yet.

TIA