Going old school

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about going old school and leaving my smart phone home on the shelf for a month. Anyone try giving their phone a rest i just fell like this thing has got me in a stranglehold.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah thought about a few times being I spend to much time on it, then I go back to enjoy the phone some more....with the Evo4GLTE I seem to have a need for speed .:);):D:p:thumbup:

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm self employed, carrying a smart phone is like carrying my office with me. So yea, there are days I'd love to leave it at home. Hell, there are days I'd like to throw it off a bridge. But then I think about the bills that need to be paid and all the work I might lose and it goes right back into it's holster on my belt.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I discontinued the home landline, so that means the smartphone has to be nearby (landline phones were throughout the house). After being called out of the shower a couple times, I realized I needed to carve out some no-phone space. SO, If we go out for dinner/lunch or whatever - it's with me, but on silent. Showers - it's in another part of the house - just as the landline would have been.

Work emails? Only during work time. I have a separate work email address (an alies for my main one) so I know which emails are work related.

Otherwise - you become a slave to other people. Danger, danger :-\