going to china

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Im going to China at the end of Feb. for work. I was wondering if anyone here can give me some tips on how to get my photon working over there? Do I wait till I'm there and buy a sim card? Only going to be there for 7 to 10 days but it would be nice to have my phone working. Thanks for any advice. This will be the first time I have been out of the country with my photon and I would love to take advantage of my first "world phone".

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The sim card is already in the phone. All you have to do is try and use it and you will automatically connect to the Sprint international network. I would call Sprint before I left the lower 48 to make sure the sim card is activated.

Kbrn

May 30, 2010
Visit site
buy a sim card in China, I bet it is cheaper.. cause Sprint is gonna want to charge you an eye and a leg for the international service.. A lot of people know that buying a sim card from the local carriers is cheaper.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I was in China for 3 months. Just get a Sim there, they will ask you for your passport. If you want data you have to tell them other wise it will only be minutes and text

Sent from my Photon

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Now is there anything I need to do once I get the sim card? Or is it just plug and play? Also how much should I expect to pay for a text and talk card?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatJimmy