Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Big update available
08a3c1c93bade783a2bd92924684b378.jpg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Remember, beta doesn't mean "you get the new version before anyone else does", it means "you get the new version with bugs - please report all bugs to us". We've been going through that with Android P for a few weeks now.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well installed update , been looking thur phone for errors so far ok , did find the capital one app no longer works was able to log in thur browser anyway.
Will keep you posted if I find issues

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the Open Beta's since almost the beginning of when I got my 5T. I think you will be surprised with the few, if any, bugs you will encounter.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I have been on the beta program for a few months to can't find any issues with this last update , except for the Capital One mobile app minor detail

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This bets sucks constantly rebooting my phone to get it to work right
Speak for yourself. I have had no issues other than in the quick menu. Just a minor freeze problem when trying to scroll thru the quick menu. Otherwise things look really good.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes I signed up , the previous ones were flawless , maby I need to do a reset to correct issues , this is still my all time favorite phone

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes I signed up , the previous ones were flawless , maby I need to do a reset to correct issues , this is still my all time favorite phone
I would think that is a lively process. First do a reboot, then delete cached data. Delete from the reboot screen.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
The reboot screen only option is to wipe data and catch just want to do catch ?
Edit got it catch only

Last edited:

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The reboot screen only option is to wipe data and catch just want to do catch ?
Edit got it catch only
Yeah, it sounds more frightening than it really is. You remove cached info (data) only. All your data is safe. It is not like doing a factory reset. Di it fix the issue??

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So far ok , previous was loosing all signal and white screen on crome browser occasionally never happened before the update

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So far ok , previous was loosing all signal and white screen on crome browser occasionally never happened before the update
I use DuckDuckGo as my browser but occasionally use Chrome. Never had the white screen issue, but then I don't use it that much. I prefer the non-tracking of Duck over that of Google.

Jul 12, 2018
Visit site
I've been using beta versions on my OnePlus 5 for quite a while, and I can't remember having any issues at all.

From memory the reason I originally started using beta was to get around an issue I was having with stock!

They are always really stable.The other thing is OnePlus seem to be pretty snappy with releases too, so if there are any issues I don't think they will be around long.

Actually Beta 13 (the current beta) had some pretty major UI changes. Can be quite interesting sometimes.