Good news for you Docs to Go fans regarding the 3.0 update ...

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I got an update notice a few days ago too and couldn't figure out what if anything changed. It appeared the update did nothing at all. The least Dataviz could do is communicate what's taking so long. They don't appear to be having issues with iOS updates.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I figured the update
a. changed to the new google security scheme
and/or
b. preparing for 3.0 to finally be released (hope, hope, hope)

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Somehow, them danged iDiots still are getting preferential treatment. Kind of like Cubs fans around here. Not rational, just is.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
They are great on updates. The latest update moved me (and everyone else?) to 2.003 (605) and this is typical of Dataviz for many, many years.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
does this have anything to do with the shenanigans going on?

DataViz, Makers of Documents To Go, apparently acquired and now owned by Research In Motion
By Kevin Michaluk | 03 Sep 2010 18:53 | 35 comments

More interesting than this news from DataViz though is the news they didn't announce..... they were bought by RIM!! Though neither company has publicly announced it (yet), multiple sources have confirmed to us that RIM recently acquired DataViz for a reported $50 million cash (not material to RIM, so they didn't have to disclose it publicly as they have done with other acquisitions like the QNX one). Jump on to LinkedIn and you can also quickly find that lots of former DataViz employees have recently switched up their profiles to Research In Motion as their current employer.

DataViz, Makers of Documents To Go, apparently acquired and now owned by Research In Motion | CrackBerry.com

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet. The only reason I was going to purchase it was for the features in 3.0 I need. If 3.0 didn't get released I would have been pissed.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
If this gets abandoned, I want my $15 back. I only bought v2 to get v3 for free.

I concur.. I'll be upset, but then again, obviously if they drop the ball, that just shows they don't care... So, I doubt if they'd give a refund..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjustink1984