Good phone?

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
How do you go about switching to the GSM Nexus direct purchase from Google? If you currently have a contract with Sprint or Verizon, you would break that contract, then what? Would you get the phone from Google ahead of time and then what? What service would you need or could choose? I don't get how you get into this phone unless you were am existing ATT customer.

Just wondering.
Thx

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had the phone for 3 weeks now and love it. I'm on AT&T in central NC and don't have any issues with signal, call quality, or data speed. Battery life is really good for me. I've enjoyed using stock ICS, but also being able to easily root and flash ROMs.

In regards to pros and cons, I think that comes down to Android versus the phone itself. I came from an iPhone 4S and anything I might not like about the phone is purely from an OS perspective.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
How do you go about switching to the GSM Nexus direct purchase from Google? If you currently have a contract with Sprint or Verizon, you would break that contract, then what? Would you get the phone from Google ahead of time and then what? What service would you need or could choose? I don't get how you get into this phone unless you were am existing ATT customer.

Just wondering.
Thx

You have to switch to a GSM provider: AT&T / T-Mo are the big ones here in the states. You can go pre-paid or post-paid doesn't matter. If you're on contract with Sprint/Verzion or other CDMA carrier, then unless you want to keep their service, you'd need to terminate the contract.

It's no issue switching providers Just walk in, sign up, and port your number if you want to keep it. Probably best to have your phone with you when you go to the store. But at least in T-Mo's case, you can just walk in, sign up, and walk out with your shiny new SIM card.

Once you have the phone, pop the SIM card in and enjoy.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
You can always port your number to Google Voice too if you want. It will auto cancel your contract with Sprint or Verizon and you will be required to pay the ETF. That way you can keep your number and forward calls to which ever number is attached to the service/sim you are using for that month. I am using StraighTalkSim (prepaid) with Att network and Google Voice. I may try Tmo prepaid out in a couple months, and will just forward calls to that new number I get from Tmo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp