Good thin and light protection for Galaxy S4?

a-dee-jay

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Few days ago I broke my Galaxy S3. I had on S3 veeery thin plastic case from Samsung and one little thicker plasticky screen protector also from Samsung. But screen of the phone still broke when the phone felt to the ground. So now I have S4 and I want to protect it well but I don't want protection which is bulky and heavy. I bought today one silicone case which looks ok but I don't like the feel of the silicone. I also bought Spigen Neo Hybrid case which is too big for me. What should I buy?

Last edited:

AndroidTuttons

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Your going to need to add some bulk for drop protection, and screen protectors are for scratches not for saving it from shattering on a drop, I suggest checking out obex waterproof full protect with little bulk

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung protective case+ is about the best I have seen in the light and nimble and protection to the device. I also use a screen protector. The case is about 20 on Amazon.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree that a Commute case by Otterbox is the way to go. Amazing drop protection and not nearly as bulky as their Defender series. At work (construction) I use a Commuter, and at home/weekends I switch to a generic TPU case that I got from eBay. Still has some minor drop protection and as a bonus is far easier to hold then the slippery plastic of a naked phone

a-dee-jay

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Maybe tech 21 case is ok. But are you serious that Commute by Otterbox is the right one? This is veeeery bulky case. I have one silicone case which is faaar less thicker but it still protect the phone very well. But as I said I don't like silicone. It give me the feel that the phone is even heavier and it is not good to handle.

gglez

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Otterbox defender, rather have a bulky case than 600 dollars down the drain

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Faloogs

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I am a case freak and have about 15 for my s4 and agree with the poetic atmosphere smokey clear case possibly being the best choice for your needs. Not bulky, classy looking and offers some degree of protection from drops. I'm not 100% sure but i think the barely there cases don't have much protection on the top or bottom of the phone. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App on my awesome Samsung Galaxy s4

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I use a site Roketfish case I picked up for less than $25. It is simple, thin, comfortable, and provides basic protection. I used the same case type with my iPhone 5 and never had any issues. The back is translucent and the sides are black. I also own the Spigen Galaxy S4 Case Ultra Flip View which cost more than twice as much but I prefer the Roketfish for daily use. If you are looking for a protective case with a flip view cover, the Spigen case is good too. The flip part got annoying quickly for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere