Google assistant commands issues

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
After September update notice my Google commands won't initiate sometimes.
ex.
Ok Google, call Pat's Pizza? result: nada
I'll repeat it
same result, nothing happens.

Reboot phone, then it works a couple of times and then, quits.
Cleared Cache

Hey Google call Mom?
nothing
Ok Google call Pop?
nothing

Reboots phone retrained voice, checked setting and still Google assistant seems to be on a vacation or on strike.

Any suggestions???
I never had this issue with my Note 8 and when I use my OP5T no issues.
I will not do a full reset yet.

So if anybody has a suggestion, I'm all ears.

I wasn't using Bixby for things like that, but that seems to be working excellent. wtf..

volumes are maxed-check

blank de blank blank Samsung

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Did you wipe the system cache or just clear the app cache?

Yes I did, thank you.
Checked settings up against my daughter's.

Everything lined up and she has the latest update.

Going in to the store tomorrow. Asurion said to take it into the cooperate store which has Asurion in the back of the sales floor now.
I have a feeling the last update offset a file
I haven't full reset a phone because of an issue since my S6edge plus days.
We'll see what the they say tomorrow.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well good luck tomorrow. Back up anything you need tonight before you take it in to the store. Worst case scenario, they may re-flash the firmware. Or you may walk out with a new phone if it’s hardware related. Either way you’ll probably lose whatever is on it now. Post back and let us know how it goes.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Well good luck tomorrow. Back up anything you need tonight before you take it in to the store. Worst case scenario, they may re-flash the firmware. Or you may walk out with a new phone if it’s hardware related. Either way you’ll probably lose whatever is on it now. Post back and let us know how it goes.

Salute!

James Younce

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I've actually had a lot of problems with Google assistant responding as well. And I've conspiracy-theoried myself into believing that it's because Samsung is hijacking Google in an attempt to shove people towards Bixby.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I've actually had a lot of problems with Google assistant responding as well. And I've conspiracy-theoried myself into believing that it's because Samsung is hijacking Google in an attempt to shove people towards Bixby.

Interesting Theory! And Noted.

However I went into the store and talked to the tech. He said a couple other people have been complaining about this. He suggested shut Bixby down for awhile at least 3 or 4 days. I Couldn't wait.

He said wait a couple days, reactivate Bixby and then see if the assistant is working properly. I have no patience. About an hour ago I turned Bixby back on and so far everything is working excellent, (for now). He did say wait at least 3 days. The hell would that suppose to do, but I activated it anyways and Google Assistant is back on point.
If it starts up again, I'll at least wait the 3 days and then of course he said if it doesn't work, the dreaded Full Reset will be initiated by myself of course.
If it doesn't fix it. They will order me a new phone.
So far Bixby and Google Assistant working excellent now.
Thank God

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness