Google Calendar on Samsung Tab S2 Won't Sync with G7 Google Calendar

johnts

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to sync the calendar on my G7 to my Tab S2 tablet. Even though both devices are set to sync, no data is passing from my phone to the tablet. I've tried deleting the Google account and adding back on both devices and that did nothing.
My wife recently got a G7 with VZ's awesome promotion on Cyber Monday, $10 month for 2 years, and is having the same issue with her tablet also.
I've also logged into the desktop version of my Google calendar and nothing is populated there also.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain the events entered on the phone and tablet are specifically saved to the Google Calendar account, rather than the Phone or Device account? The latter doesn't sync with your Google Calendar.

johnts

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Under the accounts section of the settings the calendar is set to sync. It last happened a few minutes ago but the sync is going nowhere.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's all well and good, but it won't help you if the event you entered is associated with the Phone or Device account (instead of your Google account). The sync settings you're looking at are presumably for Google​ Calendar, which is not the same as the Phone account calendar. Look at the details of one of those events that isn't syncing, and tell us which account it's associated with.

johnts

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
That's all well and good, but it won't help you if the event you entered is associated with the Phone or Device account (instead of your Google account). The sync settings you're looking at are presumably for Google​ Calendar, which is not the same as the Phone account calendar. Look at the details of one of those events that isn't syncing, and tell us which account it's associated with.

They are tied to the phone. I never noticed the drop down to tie the entry with the Google account. I did a test and both devices updated with the test event. Thanks for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No problem! The annoying thing, though, is that any event you entered into the Phone account calendar can't be easily switched to your Google Calendar. You'd have to export the calendar, and then import the events to your Google Calendar. To export, look for that option in your calendar app's settings. Then import the events to Google Calendar this way: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37118?hl=en