Google Cardboard

stet

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a recommendation for a durable Google Cardboard compatible kit which works well with the G4?

Thanks!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does it HAVE to be cardboard? You can get the ViewMaster VR pretty cheap these days...

Robot Check (It adjusts to fit almost all phones)

stet

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't have to be official Google Cardboard, just compatible and ideally something that is more durable (ie: made of plastic instead of cardboard). The Viewmaster looks good but I don't like that it doesn't have head straps. I would hate to have to hold it to my face the entire time that I'm using it, especially since some VR games make use of Bluetooth gaming controllers which use both hands.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
None of the cardboards have straps either.

And if you know of any vr games that you would play for more then 15 seconds, let me know, I haven't seen any. -_-

stet

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I see a lot of them with head straps on Amazon. I just don't know when ones work well with the G4, which is why I asked here.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
None of the cardboards have straps either.

And if you know of any vr games that you would play for more then 15 seconds, let me know, I haven't seen any. -_-

He's right I just checked a LOT of them seem to come with straps these days. I WISH my view master had straps!